Random TV Stuff | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random TV Stuff

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by duckface, Oct 17, 2013.

1. duckface

duckface Guest

For shows that don't warrant their own threads.

E.g. "Reign".

I am horrified by the prospect of Mary, Queen of Scots re-imagined as a CW teen drama. But I will probably watch the first episode. It looks like they're including her army of French handmaidens, so I mean, I can't possibly hate it.

2. I was wondering whether or not 'Gossip Girl' could be one of those largely naff television series I throw myself behind half-heartedly in an attempt to have a continual source of procrastination from University work but somebody told me "the big reveal". Is it 6/10 or above so I can just immerse myself in its admittedly rocky course anyway?

Also, I want to watch clips from that bizarre Emmerdale storyline in which Victoria Sugden was so traumatised by the sight of her brother sleeping with his brother's wife that she could only talk through a ventriloquist's dummy. I particular want to witness the episode in which her father becomes so aggravated by the situation that he begins smashing the dummy over the dinner table and destroying it. Unfortunately, the internet seems intent on pretending that this storyline never happened. Do I torrent 4.5GB+ of Emmerdale for the sake of this moment!?

3. duckface

duckface Guest

The first season of Gossip Girl was a lot of camp fun, so I'd recommend that. But I found myself drifting off in the second season, and it sounds like it just got worse from there.

I've been watching Cheers a lot recently, having heard a lot about it over the years but with only vague recollections of its re-runs in Cyprus during my wee years. I've finished Season 3 (Coach's last... the tears) and I have to say, it's a fucking riot. Incredibly funny, and I really enjoy the fact that 90% of it takes place on a single set. Also, I can't believe a show from 1982 tackled gay issues better than most TV shows do today.

4. Flockheart

Flockheart Guest

The Big Bang Theory is the provider of life. I am so happy for its existence. When Friends ended (on E4 a few years ago), it was like a huge black hole which was nicely filled by Sheldon & Co.

5. SeaWitch

SeaWitch Guest

You are so wrong... Look at how nerdy these nerds are! Did I mention they're nerds? Science jokes! Sci-Fi references! Cos they're nerds, geddit? And there's that one hot girl! It baffles me why it's so popular when it's so terrible.

6. Supernatural slays my arse every week, I adore literally every single thing! (8 years ago it started!)

7. duckface

duckface Guest

Same!

8. KAG

KAG

Reign was laughably bad. The historical inaccuracies, the terrible acting, the modern music... I couldn't stomach any of it. I don't understand why The CW even picked the show up.

9. I'll give you one very good reason: Amy Farrah Fowler.

10. duckface

duckface Guest

Big Bang Theory is where comedy goes to die.

That's a shame. Modern music? Ooof. That only worked for Marie Antoinette (and most people hated that).

11. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

12. duckface

duckface Guest

I looked for something but couldn't fine one!

13. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Both the others died a death pretty quickly; I don't know why, it seems a really logical idea for a thread to me!

14. I started watching the american Survivor on a whim and I'm a bit obsessed. It's like an amazing reality TV show and an amazing game show all in one. There's definitely a reason it's on its twenty seventh season.

15. Watch Season 1 and 2 and then pretend like it ended there.

16. WHAT THE FUCK. This sounds amazing.

17. KAG

KAG

For a show set in Manhattan, I always found it bizzare that Friends had no ethnic characters. I'm surprised they got away with that for ten years.

18. Yeah, that Emmerdale storyline does sound amazing. It sounds very Passions without the actual supernatural side.

19. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

That's why Charlie was brought in.

20. The first three and a half seasons are genuinely amazing, the rest is fucking tripe.