Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate) | Page 313 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RainOnFire, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Don't forget Kelela!
    Island, R92, Kuhleezi and 4 others like this.
  2. Oh yes! I thought I added her in. This song in particular:
    ohnostalgia and constantino like this.
  3. Ooof, eeh, off the top of my head: Austra, Loreen, The Japanese House, Me’shell Ndegeocello (@A&E can help you more there), Goldfrapp, PVRIS, Janis Joplin, Christine and the Queens, Brandi Carlile, Sleater-Kinney, Sia, Lindsey Lohan ddd, Angel Haze, Sarah Bettens, Alex Lahey, Kelela, Ladyhawke, Dusty Springfield, MUNA, Amanda Palmer, Peaches, Wendy & Lisa, Marika Hackman, Ani DiFranco and Janelle Monáe.

There's most likely loads of more recent faves that belong there too, I just don't really know that much about their personal lives. @A&E could probably tell you a lot more there than me. @Andy French and @HeartSwells too.

(Also Tegan and Sara deserve at least one song each tbh)
    A&E, Island, HeartSwells and 9 others like this.
  4. Rumors and Bossy are both 10s.
    DJHazey and LE0Night like this.
  5. I have copied these down for further investigation (since I doubt this is happening for another year I have lots of time). I can’t believe I forgot some of the people being listed though I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_.
    A&E, R92, Kuhleezi and 4 others like this.
  6. This sounds interesting, but I feel like I need an animated diagram or something because I don't get it.
  7. The real question though is if Jessie J is eligible.
    RUNAWAY, londonrain and slaybellz like this.
  8. So basically there's a number of categories and everyone enters a song for each category, then all the songs are rated as usual and whoever has the highest average across all their entries wins?

I think another option could be ranking the songs in each category from favorite to least favorite instead of scoring them all (so basically a song contest format instead of a rate format).

Either way, I love the idea and think it'd be really fun!
  9. I like the song contest/category rundown too but maybe there would be more fun in not knowing where that song falls (like for instance if there are extra Kylie as someone voted for her in Favourite Song by Favourite Artist or Album Tracks, beyond her original category) - this isn't revealed til it is eliminated?
  10. True, I was just thinking of alternatives because rates have to go through queue but games, contests, etc don't. Though since this would be a kind of mix between a rate and a contest/game, possibly with multiple rounds, hopefully it wouldn't need to be queued.
    berserkboi likes this.
  11. Nope. I’m not including straight women who used queer women’s sexuality for their gain!
  12. I was just kidding. Though then again it would be nice to have someone to save the other acts from getting last place.
    londonrain likes this.
  13. I know, I just didn’t want people to get ideas considering some of the pushback I’ve gotten for my opinions on straight female artists appropriating queer women. All good!

Maybe I should include a second Halsey song for shits and giggles. Or pick a dreadful Demi song as a sacrifice.
    constantino and soratami like this.
    A&E, Heaven on Earth, RUNAWAY and 8 others like this.
  15. Vanessa is bisexual, and I know that the good sis @ohnostalgia will enjoy any chance to give White Houses a 10.
  16. I'm a lowkey Vanessa Carlton stan and I would love to give her multiple 10s in any sapphic or full discography rates.
  17. When is that damn Vanessa Carlton rate going to materialise?!
    Mina and DJHazey like this.
  18. If y’all are gonna come for Jessie, fair enough, but remember that Gaga literally said “I am not a gay woman” on a television appearance this year.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  19. I was reading this topic shortly before going to sleep and I actually dreamt about k.d. lang tonight. Get that subconscious promo @ohnostalgia
  20. On that note, I hope this can be included in the rate:

A serious 11 contender for me.