Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate) | Page 313 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RainOnFire, Nov 19, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

Please don't make me listen to Halsey

2. Does this include women who came out after their biggest hits were released? Because it would be interesting to see how this forum reacts to Monifah’s “Touch It”.

3. Strangers is being included and you will deal.
    It doesn’t matter. My only rule is I don’t want straight women in the rate.

4. For you, I think I can manage thirty seconds of one song...

5. It’s not going to be an albums versus rate, it will be a song one to cover the most ground. So I’m only including Strangers ddd. Some artists will have more than one entry depending on how I feel (ie. Tegan & Sara). I’m really looking to include songs that can be read as about the queer experience, not just “the bops” from artists.

RUNAWAY, R92, Kuhleezi and 4 others like this.
  6. I have a rate idea that may be messy but lots of fun. A VS rate between members. Rounds of 10 members or so sending in songs along the lines of:

- Favourite One Hit Wonder Song
    - Favourite Album Track
    - Track that would not be associated with yourself
    - Favourite Track from your favourite artist
    - Track you would associate with one of your competitors
    - (and because this is PopJustice) A Kylie Minogue Album Track

We would then rate and find out who sent what as the tracks are revealed and the ultimate Battle Royale winner emerges...

KingBruno, soratami and Ironheade like this.
  7. [​IMG]

Island, RUNAWAY, Kuhleezi and 5 others like this.
  8. This sounds interesting but I'm not really sure if I understand exactly what the format of the rate is.

9. Oh, hello? Yeah, I'd be down for this, absolutely. I agree with @DJHazey though, not really clear on what the format would be.

KingBruno and DJHazey like this.
  10. Hayley Kiyoko is a must!

Serg., Island, R92 and 3 others like this.
  11. Yep she’s on my list. This is who I’ve identified so far: Beth Ditto, Coeur de Pirate, Demi Lovato, Hayley Kiyoko, Halsey/Lauren, Julian Baker, k.d. Lang, Lady Gaga, Mary Lambert, Ria Mae, Shura, St. Vincent, Syd, Tegan & Sara, Tinashe, Torres, Tracy Chapman.

But I haven’t really put a huge amount of thought into the list yet and know I am missing lots!!

Serg., Island, R92 and 11 others like this.
  12. Vanessa Carlton? xx

Also Bonnie McKee.

13. Basically with the categories - 10 users would nominate a song for each category. Only one 11 is allowed to be given and you cannot vote on your own submission. The elimination would be on average (as with most rates) and from there the competing users would get their performance tally at the end when are their submissions are averaged out and we would have an ultimate PopJustice Champion (and if we end up doing more rounds with new participants, a grand battle royale after 10 rates are completed). Does this make more sense?

(I quite like the one where we would nominate an entry associated with another user [the sort of thing they like] and possibly end up beating them with getting their 11! Kii!)

14. Well in that case...

[​IMG]

Kehlani
    Hayley Kiyoko
    Syd / The Internet
    Shura
    MUNA
    Halsey
    Now, Now
    Christine And The Queens
    Mitski
    Marika Hackman
    The Japanese House
    The Aces
    The Veronicas
    FLETCHER
    Angel Haze
    Gia
    Wafia
    Zolita
    Amandla Stenberg
    Soko
    Beatrice Eli

I'm sure you already have a lot of these but just in case.

Mr.Arroz, Island, RUNAWAY and 9 others like this.
  15. Don't forget Kelela!

Island, R92, Kuhleezi and 4 others like this.
  16. Oh yes! I thought I added her in. This song in particular:

ohnostalgia and constantino like this.
  17. Ooof, eeh, off the top of my head: Austra, Loreen, The Japanese House, Me’shell Ndegeocello (@A&E can help you more there), Goldfrapp, PVRIS, Janis Joplin, Christine and the Queens, Brandi Carlile, Sleater-Kinney, Sia, Lindsey Lohan ddd, Angel Haze, Sarah Bettens, Alex Lahey, Kelela, Ladyhawke, Dusty Springfield, MUNA, Amanda Palmer, Peaches, Wendy & Lisa, Marika Hackman, Ani DiFranco and Janelle Monáe.

There's most likely loads of more recent faves that belong there too, I just don't really know that much about their personal lives. @A&E could probably tell you a lot more there than me. @Andy French and @HeartSwells too.

(Also Tegan and Sara deserve at least one song each tbh)

Island, HeartSwells, RUNAWAY and 8 others like this.
  18. Rumors and Bossy are both 10s.

DJHazey and LE0Night like this.
  19. I have copied these down for further investigation (since I doubt this is happening for another year I have lots of time). I can’t believe I forgot some of the people being listed though I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_.

R92, Kuhleezi, constantino and 3 others like this.
  20. This sounds interesting, but I feel like I need an animated diagram or something because I don't get it.