Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate) | Page 319 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RainOnFire, Nov 19, 2014.

1. I think the NOW 40-49 and Alicia Keys rates may have died...

2014 and Mina like this.
  2. I believe Heaven on Earth was reworking on the scores and commentary as it wasnot send to RainOnFire (just the ranking). I can help out with some reveals, but not all this data work.

Also let me take out this moment to say:

CAN PEOPLE PLEASE SEND EVERYTHING TO RAINONFIRE. I know a rate feels like a personal baby, but if something goes wrong it is such an extra effort for people saving the rate to get all the commentary and scores.

3. 2014

2014 Moderator

I mean...I know things can crop up in life, and this will no doubt come back to haunt me, but how can you have the intent to start something, begin it and then just...stop. At least have the decency to let people know and then hand it over properly to someone who is up for completing it.

Rem, aaronhansome, Mr.Arroz and 17 others like this.
  4. 2014

2014 Moderator

Though in @D.F.P.'s case he hasn't actually been on for over a month, I hope he's ok.

5. Maybe instead of requiring that people turn over just the results to @RainOnFire when voting closes, it should be required to turn over the entire spreadsheet including all participants' scores and commentary. So if the original host can't complete the reveals for whatever reason, whoever picks it up has an easier time.

Slice of Life and londonrain like this.
  6. I’m actually a bit worried. I remember him swooping in to save the Shakira rate so I’m surprised he dropped off the forum during the Alicia rate. It seems quite unlike him.

7. I presume at least one user must have PMed him in the interim, and the PM should have bounced to his email address he used to sign up for the forum...so even if he didn't log in to PJ, he'd be aware that people were trying to get in touch with him (unless he doesn't check that email address anymore, or the messages go into spam/trash). Hmm.

londonrain likes this.
  8. They have 666 likes.[​IMG]

For real I hope they are okay.

9. When you realise you listened to all those NOW compilations for nothing.

[​IMG]

10. I agree. I know some of the rates have been delayed for personal reasons, but at the same time maybe it wasn’t meant to be for that person to finish the rate when you start getting multi month postponements. @send photo had to drop out of our rate but a plan was made to finish instead of waiting until he felt capable to resume.

11. It is mandatory to hand over the entire spreadsheet although I forgot last time cause I had a cohost. Good point about the commentary though.

12. I suspect handing over the spreadsheet might be missed quite a bit. When I took over a rate, all the former host had sent to @RainOnFire was a list of the the final rankings - no average scores, no individual scores, no list of participants, no commentary. I attempted to cobble things together by tagging everyone who I saw participate in the thread and have them PM me their scores/commentary if they still had it, but I'm sure I missed a bunch of people.

If I recall correctly, @D.F.P. didn't get a spreadsheet to @RainOnFire either? I think part of the delay in restarting the Alicia rate (other than allowing new people to participate) is @Heaven on Earth having to recollect everyone's scores and commentary and recalculate everything.

Heaven on Earth likes this.
  13. I missed logging in to you dragging me.

14. [​IMG]

15. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

I don't know if it's some kind of curse, but I genuinely find it bizarre (and almost a little unsettling) how we have users who've been here forever and suddenly they disappear...in the middle of their rate.

I definitely understand the frustration over a lot of the rates taking so long to finish, which is why I thought it'd be best to not have anything start till the new year. I'll work on figuring out timelines for the rates currently running over the weekend.

16. I know I haven't been here forever but I promise not to do that when I start my Atomic Kitten rate.

17. Remember when Alchemy Jones abandoned the original Carly rate just because he got a man? Iconic.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  18. I haven’t really gotten any pushback so I think starting February 2018 I will be taking over the PJ Monthly Charts. This is your last chance to register objections.

I will also be taking over the associated rate, but we will wait until January or February to accommodate @RainOnFire ‘s pause on new rates.

19. Ladyhawke
    Against Me! (led by Laura Jane Grace, Coeur de Pirate's girlfriend)
    Melissa Etheridge
    Dusty Springfield
    Samantha Fox (also covered Dusty)
    Jennifer Knapp
    Vicky Beeching (she doesn't have any non-Jesussy songs theaux)
    Le Tigre (Kathleen and JD are queer - don't know about Johanna)
    Margaret Cho
    Mel(anie) B(rown)
    Sophie B. Hawkins
    Dana International
    Chely Wright

20. WAIT, did Janelle come out?!