Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate) | Page 333 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RainOnFire, Nov 19, 2014.

1. So Change mixes genres quite a bit. It has definite electropop moments, particularly the singles, and some songs that are definitely not. I'm fine leaving it in for that reason, and as a contrast to the other "girl groups" included (Aly & AJ with their teen pop slant, The Veronicas who veer toward pop/rock).

I'm not a Roisin Murphy fan.

londonrain likes this.
  2. I don't think Change fits either. Roisin does fit really well and it should be interesting to see how she'd do if the album is in the rate.

KingBruno likes this.
  3. I would get rid of Sugababes and add in any extras instead but really it's your rate so you're the boss.

4. @Mina just run a rate where we rate Tangled Up just to see your unapologetic scores for each track and what you think about them. Kii.

5. I’m sure I remember @DJHazey listing all of @Mina’s scores for Tangled Up for some previous rate (that I was mercifully not part of)...

DJHazey, Mina and Island like this.
  6. Ray

Ray

+1 to Roisin replacing (this particular album of) Sugababes. My potential average is 8 vs 3.5.

7. If someone else wants to take over this rate idea to include Roisin, have at it.

londonrain likes this.
  8. 7 albums looks like a lot....but if you were a pop fan in 2007 you should have heard half of them already, right? Also, the point of the album vs rates is to force people to give an entire album by an artist they might not have tried a fair go.

londonrain, berserkboi and Mina like this.
  9. Ray

Ray

Oh - I didn't want to cause that response. Sorry.

10. Oops, I didn't mean to cause any trouble by suggesting Roisin. You did ask for our suggestions though.

11. @Mina, at the end of the day it's your rate, your vision. I know exactly how it feels on the other end when people start wanting artists/songs included that I didn't have in mind and then it starts to derail my motivation towards the rate I originally had in mind.

So if you want to just go with the seven albums you originally had, I'm sure we'd all be happy to vote in it.

12. Ray

Ray

berserkboi and Sprockrooster like this.
  13. Here is Version 3.0 (and probably final version) for the Disney (and Nickelodeon) Queens rate coming in early 2018.

It's exactly 100 songs and I really don't think I'll want to change it much from here. I've spent far too long going over it again and again.

Notes for why songs are here.

-For main acts I tried to limit songs to around 10 and picked the songs that generally are most known/loved for each artist (but added an extra film-related song for Demi and Hilary to bump them to 11)
    -For Demi, Selena, and Miley...there was a definitive switch in the direction of their music sonically after 2013 for Demi & Selena and at Bangerz for Miley and I didn't feel those songs fit into this rate. This also applies to "Hothouse" and Ten Years for Aly & AJ, and Bridgit Mendler's later projects.
    -The Ariana situation is clearly applied here, because her one song during this "era" of her life is "Put Your Hearts Up" and everyone on the forum except me hates that song, so I've spared everyone the trouble. Ariana herself wants to distant herself from that song as well, so we'll respect her wishes and she'd crush the competition anyway.
    -Hilary got to have Breathe In. Breathe Out. singles because in terms of sound she kept very closely to a traditional 'teen pop' direction with it.
    -They didn't have to be Hollywood Records or Walt Disney Records albums (like for Ashley Tisdale or Hilary Duff for example).
    -I tried not too add any 'campy' or 'cheesy' songs from the Disney films and tried to make sure additions to this rate are solid pure pop songs.
    -All songs involved are at least promotional singles, despite wanting to add many album tracks, I resisted the urge.
    -I tried not to add many of my 'random' favs that would just get crushed early on, so I might give them a little "could've rated it" along the way. If there's a "who is that?" in most cases it's going to be what I believe to be a Popjustice potential hit.
    -For some artists that I didn't know, I listened to all the singles and hand-picked songs I felt had a decent chance to represent the artist well and/or were bops that a new listener could latch onto quickly and explore more if they choose.

Disney/Nickelodeon Queens Rate

Aly & AJ (5)

Rush
    Chemicals React
    On the Ride
    Potential Breakup Song
    Like Whoa

Ashley Tisdale (8)

Be Good to Me
    He Said She Said
    No Like That
    It's Alright, It's OK
    Crank It Up
    Acting Out
    Overrated
    Masquerade

Bea Miller (1)

Fire n Gold

Bella Thorne/Zendaya (5)

Bella - Call It Whatever
    Zendaya - Replay
    Bella/Zendaya - Watch Me
    Bella/Zendaya - Fashion Is My Kryptonite
    Bella/Zendaya - Something to Dance For/TTYLXOXO

Bridgit Mendler (2)

Ready or Not
    Hurricane

The Cheetah Girls (3)

Girl Power
    Cinderella
    Step Up

China Anne McClain (2)

Calling All the Monsters
    What's My Name

Coco Jones (1)

Holla at the DJ

College 11 (1)

Go!

Demi Lovato (11)

Can't Back Down
    Get Back
    La La Land
    Don't Forget
    Here We Go Again
    Remember December
    Skyscraper
    Give Your Heart a Break
    Heart Attack
    Neon Lights
    Really Don't Care

Dove Cameron (1)

What A Girl Is

Emily Osment (4)

All the Way Up
    You Are the Only One
    Let's Be Friends
    Lovesick

Hilary Duff (11)

What Dreams Are Made Of
    So Yesterday
    Come Clean
    Fly
    The Getaway
    Wake Up
    Beat of My Heart
    With Love
    Stranger
    All About You
    Sparks

Laura Marano (1)

Boombox

Lindsay Lohan (4)

Rumors
    Over
    Confessions of a Broken Heart (Daughter to Father)
    Bossy

Lucy Hale (2)

Run This Town
    Make You Believe

Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana (10)

Nobody's Perfect
    Life's What You Make It
    See You Again
    Start All Over
    7 Things
    Fly on the Wall
    The Climb
    Party in the U.S.A.
    Can't Be Tamed
    Who Owns My Heart

Miranda Cosgrove (3)

About You Now
    Kissin U
    Dancing Crazy

Olivia Holt (3)

History
    Party on a Weekday
    Generous

Raven Symone (1)

Bump

Sabrina Carpenter (3)

Eyes Wide Open
    On Purpose
    Thumbs

Selena Gomez (9)

Falling Down
    Naturally
    Round & Round
    A Year Without Rain
    Who Says
    Love You Like a Love Song
    Hit the Lights
    Come & Get It
    Slow Down

Sofia Carson (1)

Love Is the Name

Vanessa Hudgens (4)

Come Back to Me
    Say OK
    Let's Dance
    Sneakernight

Victoria Justice (3)

Freak the Freak Out
    Beggin' On Your Knees
    Gold

XO-IQ (1)

We Doin' It

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  14. That selection looks perfect. Can't wait for this rate to start!

DJHazey likes this.
  15. Make sure you vote in the one before it on the list to keep everything moving smoothly!

[​IMG]

DJHazey and soratami like this.
  16. No 'Strut' for the Cheetah Girls?

DJHazey likes this.
  17. When does that open?

18. I am not sure. I have yet to be contacted to say I can open it. I wait for that, right?

Sprockrooster likes this.
  19. Yes, @RainOnFire will contact you. But he/she is currently quite busy with all the stalled rates at the moment. I am sure you are ready to go for somewhere in February being at the top of B.

RainOnFire and berserkboi like this.
  20. @RainOnFire, I hope this rate isn't holding up anything:
    because I think that one is definitely dead now. The host is posting elsewhere (and has even voted in at least one other rate) but this rate hasn't had a reveal since November 4 and the thread hasn't been updated in three weeks.

(Even if it were revived, the reveals would have to be redone from scratch because the host seems to have blanked out the existing reveal posts. They had originally ranked them by total instead of average, which isn't ideal when several voters have only rated part of the song list...)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Mina and Sprockrooster like this.