Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate) | Page 367 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rate Queue (sign up here to run a rate)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RainOnFire, Nov 19, 2014.

1. It worked! Thanks so much!

londonrain and berserkboi like this.
  2. Ray

Ray

SNORT at indeed *all* of A-list being delayed!

But I see the Roxette rate is about to hit... who needs anything else, really?

londonrain and berserkboi like this.
  3. My Girl Band début rate has a winner in Be My Baby by The Ronettes. Please add me to list B for the signature round. Will post indexed info here once my final thoughts are in! In the meantime - enjoy this classic!

4. I called it!!!

londonrain, DJHazey and berserkboi like this.
  5. The Gaon Girl Group K-Pop #1s rate has begun.

[​IMG]

Serg., evilsin, Alouder98 and 5 others like this.
  6. 1 more week left to vote in my Atomic Kitten Discography rate!

Untouchable Ace and DJHazey like this.
  7. Just a heads up!

I am due to open tomorrow, but I cannot make it then as I have been sick (not anymore fortunately) and also have an exam to study for on Wednesday so the zeroes poprock will open on Thursday (with some final small issues to resolve concerning the selection of artists and songs).

berserkboi and DJHazey like this.
  8. Since the time for my Feist rate is quickly approaching, I figured I needed to ask this before the process officially starts. For those of you who are interested in participating, how do you feel about rating Broken Social Scene's catalogue?

My plan is to follow the example set by other rates and do Feist's solo discography first and then save Broken Social Scene as a part two that starts after we're done with Feist. Part of the reason I wanted to include Broken Social Scene was so I could finally sit down and finish listening to all their songs. The other reason was because I am a bit of a completionist and wanted to get through as much of Feist's material as possible. Finalizing the list of extras is quickly showing me that it isn't necessary to do it all ddd. I'm fine with doing Feist & Broken Social Scene or just Feist by herself. I just wanted to see how much interest there is in doing both.

9. I don't know enough Feist to participate my love, but it has been my experience reading the rate threads and/or participating that you are likely to get more voters if your list of entries is more on the concise or 'short' side of it. I'd consider doing just Feist and then a Part 2 as you have mentioned before. This would ensure you already have a captive audience to do part 2 and possibly pick up viewers/repliers along the way...

Oleander likes this.
  10. I'm 110% here for a Feist solo rate but would want broken social scene to be a separate rate. Feist already has a lot of solo albums so adding in all the BSS stuff would be too much for me to handle

11. @KingBruno - When is Darkchild starting and what sort of voting period are you giving? I need to know how long to set aside :)

londonrain and KingBruno like this.
  12. I haven’t heard anything about a release date myself yet, so I can’t tell unfortunately! I’ve been up on List B for quite a long time now so I think I’ll get to know very soon. I’m completely prepared.

As for the voting period, I think I’ll go with a month?

londonrain, slaybellz and berserkboi like this.
  13. Awesome

Currently I have:

Pop Princess
    Avicii (If I can get to it)
    PJ00
    PJOP
    UK #2s

Holding your spot right under that for now. Looks like I may have to miss the Spice Girls at this rate :(

Mina and KingBruno like this.
  14. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Please vote y'all - just over two weeks left, and it's only 47 songs!)

15. As I wrap up my Disney-Pop rate, I'm already starting to look forward the 90s Eurodance rate, which is going to take over the summer for any dance music and/or 90s music fans because we will likely begin sometime in June.

Now @iheartpoptarts and I have worked behind the scenes refining this list, so we aren't necessarily looking for additions but if there's some HUGE song we managed to overlook we'll consider it. If it's just general dance music or doesn't really fit what the 90s eurodance sound was really about, we've left them out. You'll notice a big name like Ace of Base for example is not here because despite what Wikipedia or others references will tell you, it's not the same kind of eurodance we're rating here...I'd consider them more europop or just simply dance-pop myself. Plus they've had a full discography rate before and been rated in other rates on Popjustice already. We just want you to know they aren't being left out because we don't enjoy their music as we are two of their bigger fans on the forum. Also, the songs had be released before January 1, 2000 (PJOPS realness) -- so stuff like Aqua's second album and ATC for example will not be present (make sure you make plans for the 00s edition).

This is our final 75 songs, limited to two songs per act unless they're a big one (Aqua, Culture Beat, Real McCoy, and Vengaboys) and while we each brought some personal favorites to the table, we promise you everything fits right in with 90s eurodance and what the sound was all about. Acts from me like Solid Base, Reset, Capital Sound, Emjay, etc. maybe look like "Hew?" but just wait until you hear them. They've been considered underrated gems by Eurodance fans for years with reason.

2 Unlimited - Get Ready For This
    2 Unlimited - No Limit
    Alex Party - Don’t Give Me Your Life
    Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone
    Alice Deejay - Back In My Life
    Amber - This Is Your Night
    Amber - Sexual (Li Da Di)
    Ann Lee - 2 Times
    Aqua - Barbie Girl
    Aqua - Doctor Jones
    Aqua - Lollipop (Candyman)
    Bambee - Typical Tropical
    Berri - Sunshine After the Rain
    Black Box - Strike It Up
    Capital Sound - Higher Love
    Capital Sound - Your Love Is My Energy
    Cappella - U Got 2 Let the Music
    Cappella - Move On Baby
    Captain Hollywood Project - More and More
    Corona - Rhythm Of The Night
    Corona - Baby Baby
    Crispy - Licky Licky
    Culture Beat - Mr. Vain
    Culture Beat - Got To Get It
    Culture Beat - Anything
    Daze - Superhero
    DJ Bobo - Let The Dream Come True
    Dr. Alban - It’s My Life
    E-Type - This Is The Way
    E-Type - Angels Crying
    Eiffel 65 - Blue (Da Ba Dee)
    Eiffel 65 - Move Your Body
    Emjay - Sound of My Heartbeat
    Emjay - In Your Arms
    Fun Factory - Close To You
    Fun Factory - I Wanna B With U
    Gala - Freed From Desire
    Gina G - Ooh Aah… Just a Little Bit
    Haddaway - What Is Love
    Haddaway - Life
    Hit 'n' Hide - Space Invaders
    Koko - Open Your Eyes
    La Bouche - Sweet Dreams
    La Bouche - Be My Lover
    Le Click - Tonight Is The Night
    Livin' Joy - Dreamer
    Livin’ Joy - Don't Stop Movin'
    Maxx - Get-A-Way
    Me & My - Dub-I-Dub
    Miss Papaya - Hero
    Mr. President - Coco Jamboo
    Paradisio - Bailando
    Real McCoy - Another Night
    Real McCoy - One More Time
    Real McCoy - Run Away
    Rednex - Cotton Eye Joe
    Reset - Blue
    Reset - Calling You
    Smile.dk - Boys
    Smile.dk - Butterfly
    Snap! - Rhythm Is A Dancer
    Solid Base - Come'n Get Me
    Solid Base - Come On Everybody
    T-Spoon - A Part of My Life
    T-Spoon - Sex On The Beach
    Technotronic - Move This
    Tiggy - Ring-a-Ling
    Toy-Box - Best Friend
    Toy-Box - The Sailor Song
    Twenty 4 Seven - Slave to the Music
    Vengaboys - We Like To Party
    Vengaboys - Boom Boom Boom Boom
    Vengaboys - We're Going to Ibiza
    Whigfield - Saturday Night
    Whigfield - Think Of You

Last edited: May 15, 2018 at 8:03 PM
  16. Great list!

I'd consider Ride On Time for Black Box, Sexy Eyes for Wigfield and for my own 11 purposes - Your Woman by White Town (despite not exactly on theme). One for diversity too - Alane by Wes and Tic Tic Tac by Carrapicho, maybe Lambada?

17. I think there's plenty of 11 candidates in there already, even I have no clue where mine will go. As for Black Box, we went with their hit song that came after 1990 (the song you are referring to was on their debut in 1989) and Whigfield has a bunch of singles that were mild hits other than the obvious inclusion of "Saturday Night" and @iheartpoptarts is the stan there so I left the choices up to her. She was the one who got me to check out her discography as recently as last year in fact.

Last edited: May 15, 2018 at 6:51 PM
    berserkboi and iheartpoptarts like this.
  18. I love that song - I think we're getting a one-hit wonders rate for it sometime!

19. Thanks for the input @berserkboi and @Trouble in Paradise! Sorry for not replying sooner but end of semester/return home plans have been calling my attention. I've decided to make it just a Feist solo rate for now and once the rate is on the way, if there is interest I will open up the possibility to do Broken Social Scene as a Part 2. Speaking of travel, since I am waiting for my flight to be assigned a gate and I have been given the go-ahead, let me make a little announcement...

[​IMG]

Opens May 28th!

*Thanks to some kind soul who uploaded her super hard to get debut album in its entirety on Youtube, we will be rating all five of her albums!*

Get ready for shoddy artwork and immaculately detailed write-ups.

Let me tag some people who commented in the Pleasure thread who I think might be interested in voting.

@LE0Night @Andy French @ohnostalgia @enjoy @inevitable