Relationships | Page 356 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Itty Bitty Piggy, May 1, 2016.

1. Ah, but he is seeing you. He likes something he sees.
    andru, Seger and Pecans like this.
  2. I SCREAMED, legit

I swear this whole scenario is another quirk of gay dating. I know I'm not alone in that I'm constantly comparing myself to the guys that I like, which is so impacting on my self confidence.

You're right, though.. I guess he must like something. I just can't help but feel he could do better, even if it is just my insecurities telling me that.
    andru, Fascination and Bangers&Bops like this.
  3. This is so cute. I'm glad you found each other.
    andru, Mr Blonde and Island like this.
  4. This isn't about a relationship in the love/companion thing, it's more of a friendship gripe...

How can you (me) carry on being friends with somebody who obviously earns a lot more than yourself and wants to frequent places and go on holidays that will leave you skint? Is it my place to let them know this, or is it proving they are a shit friend that they couldn't realise how crappy it makes me feel?
    Seger likes this.
  5. I think its fair to just say that you're not in a position to equal their social lifestyle, not in a 'change everything' way but more in a 'just so you're aware' way.
  6. He should understand this, one of my best friends earns far more than me, and he is concious of it, not suggesting expensive restaurants when we are together. However, in the wider group, where there are a few other high earners, it becomes a bit of a game of oneupmanship and I've had to excuse myself from it with a "I just can't afford that". I think that line has to be dropped once in a while. In his defence, he may not realise that such holidays are a struggle for you (he doesnt know the ins and outs of your bank account), but yes, he really should be more aware.
    andru, Seger, Island and 1 other person like this.
  7. Thanks for the advice.

It's hard because I've been friends with them since we were kids, but I am finding I can't relate to them anymore. I guess that's life?
  8. I think a few well placed "look I can't afford to do that, but you go ahead..." and if he is a good friend he'll get it.
  9. So my boyfriend and I broke up last night and I am absolutely devastated.
  10. He

I'm really sorry. Please take care of yourself first, and take your time.
    Txetxu likes this.
  11. I’m sorry to hear that, man. That’s rough. If you need to vent emotionally, we’re here for you!
  12. Hugs. Also I'll be your rebound.
    Island likes this.
  13. I would just start saying "no, I can't afford it, sorry"

If they're any good as a friend they'll get the hint and they'll dial it down and bring things into your affordability and stop expecting you to keep spending a fortune.
    GazWilliams, andru and P'NutButter like this.
  14. Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have friends around you that can distract you and take your mind off it?
  15. Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that. How are you holding up?
  16. 2014

2014 Moderator

Stay strong! YOU are amazing xx
  17. I'm doing awfully. Going round to our shared apartment tonight which I had stayed in since Wednesday night to sort out what we will do about the place, our dog etc. and pack up the rest of my clothes.
  18. He

Are you friends around you in these tough times? I hope so.
    papatrick and Terminus like this.
  19. Keep your head together precious, it’s easier said than done, but keep all decisions rational and clear cut.
    Much love xxx
    Seger likes this.
  20. Just be honest about not being able to afford it. You can say it like, "Oh it's outside my budget" or something like that. If they're your friends they'd understand. It works for me because I need to put aside a big chunk of my money for necessary expenses as I live alone for most part of the year.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Terminus likes this.