Relationships | Page 370 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationships

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Itty Bitty Piggy, May 1, 2016.

1. I've actually left a couple dates early on with a, "Thank you for meeting with me. I apologize, but I'm just not feeling a connection. I hope you understand." The guys were very chill about it. Usually they aren't vibing back either, and it's nice for both of us to not pretend for a whole dinner or whatever.

Mutual respect goes a long way.

EDIT: If you were curious, the first date was with a 19-year-old. I don't know what I was thinking, but we were just worlds apart in where our lives were. Not even being able to take someone out for a glass of wine is just weird. The second was with a guy who showed up REEKING of cigarettes. Like, this guy clearly smoked constantly.

He, ssa, nikkysan and 1 other person like this.
  2. Scream at the first thing you were concerned about when you told me about this was that you can't listen to Melodrama anymore

A @Sam de Jour temporary tea

3. 2014

2014 Moderator

so I just spotted Bright Light Bright Light on Scruff

Txetxu, andru and R92 like this.
  4. I just had to ghost someone for the first time in my life and I feel dreadful about it but that's what happens when you're a rude entitled alpha top prick I guess

[​IMG]

(I'm probably more upset because he was a rich zad)

Slice of Life, Mr Blonde, R92 and 8 others like this.
  5. Ddddd honestly that’s one of the main reasons I’m glad it worked out with my boyfriend

Kuhleezi and munro like this.
  6. I went on a date with a 20 year old a few years back and he was so shy and timid, could barely hold a conversation, and I felt so sorry for him, but I wasn't feeling it at all so we politely went our separate ways. A few days later my friend saw he had a blog link on his Grindr profile, so clicked it, and he'd blogged about me saying I was a "nice guy but he wasn't feeling it" and that about an hour after our date he went on another date and shagged the manager of B&M. I was offended.

7. Ddd I love it when guys that are drinking age tell me “you can’t even drink”. Like.. it’s not my problem you knowingly pursued something with someone under 21.

8. This, 100%

I fucking HATE when older guys go on a date with me and then make a point of mentioning that i'm young. Yeah, i'm 20 years old and I told you that from the get go, don't waste my time.

9. Well now I feel bad. It’s not like that’s the ONLY reason. It’s just one symptom of many when one is an old and the other is younger. At least for me it was like, “Well maybe it won’t be so weird.” And then it is.

And it’s not like I told him that we were incompatible because of age ddd. He didn’t need to know that.

Island likes this.
  10. I wouldn't entertain going out with a guy under 23 anymore. I think twenties are a hard age if you aren't someone planning to settle immediately (i.e most gays) and everyone is in a sort of nebulous state but the messiest (and...rightfully, you do you I guess) guys are always younger. Older > younger. 22 year old last year effectively had his sexual awakening while we were semi seeing each other and I wanted him to go off and...do that. Think guy I saw in HK was 21/22 but I was only just 25. Would never have lasted. Ever. It's also a fine topic of conversation - both ways. Unless it becomes clear the person mentioning it is insecure.

ElectricPlatypus and Seger like this.
  11. Anyone who hasn't held down a full-time job at one point in their life should immediately be passed over.

That includes people who did PhDs and postdocs dddd.

12. He

He

Scream.

13. [​IMG]

14. Tea. I once went out with a "model/blogger/DJ" who did the excruciating thing of turning everything back on himself after every single sentence I said. It made me literally age-ist. If you don't have any grasp on the stresses of regular life because you're so cocooned by a trust fund or whatever then there's just... no point.

We lasted about two and a half dates and then I basically Siobhan Donaghy'd out of there.

15. Wow. Thank God my husband took a chance on my 18 year old self!

16. Also pass over anyone who describes themselves as an entrepreneur or (multiple) business owner. It's code for insufferable wanker.

Seger and He like this.
  17. I hate people who put their Meyers-Briggs on their profile.

18. LTG

LTG

Poor @Karma.

Island likes this.
  19. I care. I need to know who to swipe left

Island likes this.
  20. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

Also don’t date someone who has a completely different work schedule from you, I tried dating someone who did shifts whereas I was office hours and it was wild trying to find a time that suited us both for a date.