Rita Ora - 'Second Album' | Page 389 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rita Ora - 'Second Album'

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Melodee, Jan 30, 2014.

1. For You down to #10 on the midweek update. Anywhere still at 3.

Mr.Arroz, Utopia and lushLuck like this.
  2. Not you grouping Succes Glynnfluence with that crowd when her album went 3x Platinum, produced 2 #1s and 3 more top 10s.

3. Charli XCX's yellow bucket test.

4. Get ha, @Robsolete!

Robsolete likes this.
  5. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

And where is she now? Buried in development hell with the rest of them. I rest my case.

6. Why is Liam even on this? And how is he even credited first? If it helps irradiate the US, fine, but ugh.

7. He'll regret this attitude when the album is released and outsells Thriller.

Ddd this is a bit extra. It's only been a couple of years since the last album, and her second is coming out soon. It could end up bombing but give ha the benefit of the doubt.

8. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

I mean we’ve lived through Duffy, Alexandra Burke, Emeli Sande, Pixie Lott et al. Despite all the hits, Jess Glynne didn’t make any kind of personal impact on the GP so watch as radio and TV pay her dust and turn her into a punchline overnight.

9. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

And more to the point, haven’t we all been marvelling at how Rita’s fought her way out of that doomed path to one era wonder status?

10. I saw on her Instagram earlier that 'Anywhere' has now spent more weeks in the Top 10 (9/10 as of Friday) than any of her other singles. We love a smash that refuses to fuck off.

11. Red wine I just wanna kiss girls girls girls

12. I'd definitely can "Girls" in UK, but I'd definitely push it further in US thanks to the Cardi B link. She's guaranteed of a Top 40 US Hit (second in a row after "For You" hits its peak) if she does hurry up.

13. the fact that most UK girls can't get a successful second era when the stars aline for them but Rita managed to get through all her label drama (and Calvin drama) and be bigger than she was before is almost unheard of. The power of great music.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  14. CIRO.

Comeback icon Rita Ora.

RossMusik, Rob and Santi319 like this.
  15. She had five #1s so she probably won't struggle with radio initially unless the song is garbage (and she'll most likely come back with yet another song that sounds like Rather Be/Real Love/Hold My Hand etc)

I'm sure you'll be right, we've seen enough British females who flopped with their sophomore albums, I just found it weird to say she was in development hell when she's already teasing a second album which hasn't taken any longer than most second albums take and she's been working with a lot of big producers.

Anyway I'm gonna stop now because I'm coming across as a Jess Glynne stan which I don't want. LONG LIVE FIRO!!!

16. Success Glynne’s utterly charisma free string of appearances on the X Factor in 2015 were iconic.

lushLuck, diamondliam and Ferk like this.
  17. For You in the chart at 11. Anywhere in at 3.

lushLuck, Bobbyrae and Island like this.
  18. Whew we love talent and success.

19. Uno

Uno

That ANTM impact, ha.

lushLuck likes this.
  20. Number 2 on the sales chart

lushLuck likes this.