Rita Ora - 'Second Album' | Page 500 | The Popjustice Forum

Rita Ora - 'Second Album'

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Melodee, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Ddddddddddd I love her but it’s true

1991, constantino, Island and 15 others like this.
  2. Club Flopicana, careers are free
    Bops that flop, there's enough for everyone

gagapourgaga, Island, RUNAWAY and 7 others like this.
  3. This is a sweet thing she did at the show last night I believe.

Leopold, michaelhird, Island and 18 others like this.
  4. Stop making me feel conflicted, FIRO!

Island, Artemisia, lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  5. BIRO

Bisexual Icon Rita Ora

constantino, Island, Utopia and 11 others like this.
  6. All that’s missing is the hits
    But don’t worry you got gay coin

7. The melody of the chorus and the way the '''Girls, Girls, Girls'' line sounds, are both actually really nice. Literally everything else about the song is diabolical though.

SuperNerd likes this.
  8. I cant believe ANYWHERE was sacrifized so this could live

lushLuck, Santi319 and pdf like this.
  9. You don't need to believe it because it wasn't

londonrain, LP and Lapras like this.
  10. pdf

pdf

well that's not true is it?

11. I believe this was supposed to be the second single following Your Song but thankfully they replaced it with Anywhere instead.

12. Rita was fantastic last night! She put on such a high energy/uplifting show.

I’m not sure if spoilers are still required this far into the tour, but: this post contains spoilers. A major TL;DR incoming, sorry!

I’ll start with the two new songs, both of which are great. Summer Love in particular sounds like an obvious hit. Hopefully it’s actually planned to be a single (that is released while it is still summertime!!) because to let that hit potential pass would be a shame and very odd. It also seemed like it would have made a more obvious follow up to the run of Your Song/Lonely Together/Anywhere/For You, artistically speaking. Soul Survivor is very different for Rita and certainly sounds like a strong mid-tempo album track (which she promised is coming later this year... and after last night I’m gagging for it more than I have been since Anywhere came out).

A surprising highlight of the set for me was Hot Right Now. I only ever “quite liked” that song at the time, but the crowd really went off for that one, creating such a feel-good moment that I have a new found appreciation for it.

Body on Me made for a beautiful performance, she looks stunning with the sheet / wind machine. It’s a pity that a solo studio version doesn’t exist, because it certainly works as a solo number.

Other personal highlights: I Will Never Let You Down, Anywhere, Lonely Together and Doing It.

Girls, for all its flaws, was such a sing-along moment. I have to say, as a vibe it did feel celebratory in a live setting. I’ll always find it to be the case that a different approach to the lyrics could have resulted in something quite special, however, I feel like making my peace with the song. I’ll use it and mindlessly bop when I play it. That’s not to say I’ll forget the importance of the conversation that arose, and I really respect Hayley and other artists for speaking out.

I will share this quote, simply because Rita actually said it before she performed Girls (and it was the only part of the whole show I found to be disappointing): “If some people get it twisted, that’s their problem, the theme (? I think she said theme) is a celebration, so - this is for my ladies - are we gonna celebrate tonight?!”

Anyway. It was incredibly evident that as a performer, she’s absolutely ready for arena shows. Her staging has the essence of an arena production; it was the best show I’ve seen in an academy setting. She has a captivating stage presence, she’s very endearing with her stage chat (bar the aforementioned moment) and obviously she’s built up a large number of genuinely big hits. Hopefully she’s able to successfully make that next step up, because I’d love to see her again in a bigger setting (probably with a seat next time though, I’m not as young as I used to be...!). I really hope her label gets their act together and manages to put out the second album this year, because I don’t believe she should announce an arena tour until the album is actually a reality.

Overall her show really lifted my mood (lately I’ve been feeling quite down... but last night I forgot my troubles, and I’m still on a high now - I love when a tour does that for me). I’d consider this one of the most entertaining/feel good shows I’ve seen in a long time. So, that’s what I’ll take away from The Girls Tour, and... I love Rita Ora! TIRO (Touring Icon Rita Ora x). *Patiently awaits the mythical second album*

Lander, Syzygyz, Subspace88 and 16 others like this.
  13. LP

LP

Fantastic review! What time did she come on roughly? Gagging for Saturday in Bristol!

14. She was on at 9pm sharp in Birmingham! I think the show was over by around 10:15pm.

LP likes this.
  15. Anywhere is probably her biggest hit ever, it wasn't sacrificed in any way.

LP and LoveSoSoft like this.
  16. RMK

RMK

Not worldwide, though deserving of the title.

Syzygyz likes this.
  17. I know we’re all mad at her at the minute but she really did snatch me bald on Tuesday in Manchester. She’s such a great live performer and her discography is so strong, she deserves a second album, an arena tour, and the world tbh. I can’t wait for Girls to be over so I can fully stan her again.

LP likes this.
  18. I think she'd sell out an arena tour. She literally has a greatest hits album and has only got 1 album out.

19. [​IMG]

Tracy Jacks, Jwentz, Kuhleezi and 3 others like this.
  20. so... I'm assuming Rita2 won't be arriving until 2019 after the girls debacle...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.