Róisín Murphy - Take Her Up To Monto (New Album 2016) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Róisín Murphy - Take Her Up To Monto (New Album 2016)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by andidee5, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Let's have a nice new thread for this shall we?

2. Do we have anything definitely new to listen to yet?

3. Where did you get Mars from? I can't find any confirmation that the final word is Mars.

4. A Mars a day helps you work, rest, and play.

5. Beautiful Child and Rhombus like this.
  6. So…
    Which is the correct title and why the new thread?

7. This sounds so dirty for some reason.

(Probably because I read it as "Take Her Up The Monto" at first and assumed it was some Irish sexual slang term.)

Rhombus, Nunya B and JacobTheMiro like this.
  8. Take Her Up To Monto is the correct title, guaranteed. Her record label has it listed as such, so I assume they're right. We're not supposed to know the title yet, but I googled: Roisin Murphy "Take Her Up To" and that was the first result. I googled the same thing a few hours ago and nothing came up, so they just updated it within the last few hours.

michaelhird and Humanracin like this.
  9. Me on album release day.

michaelhird likes this.
  10. Teleport us to Monto*.

Rhombus and Andy French like this.
  11. Still applicable, teebs.

12. The synth at the beginning of "To" sounds a lot like a synth from the clip she posted of a new song a few months ago. I could see the clip from a few months ago being a part of the bridge or something.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAxc0e7Gbax/

13. Love it! Really feels like a new direction for her. Very traditional-sounding (?).

14. I absolutely love the idea of Roisin Murphy doing a poppers'd-up/electronic version of a traditional Irish drinking song. It's...well, it's a very her concept.

She's so delightfully weird.

michaelhird and Humanracin like this.
  15. Why do we have so many threads?! Didn't we all agree to have a "Roisin Murphy." thread?

neinzedd likes this.
  16. "Take Her Up To Monto", a new album by Roisin Murphy of Irish traditional songs reinterpreted for dance...

17. Mercury Award nomination > popjustice respect

Hunterpoop likes this.