RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 9 (Call Me NO SPOILERS) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 9 (Call Me NO SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Vasilios, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Start your All Stars engines! Logo TV has announced that RuPaul's All Stars Drag Race is returning for a second season.

"Ending years of fan speculation," reads a statement from the network, "RuPaul's All Stars Drag Race will return for a second season, packed with more eleganza and double-lashed side eye than Drag Race has ever seen." Contestants from previous seasons of RuPaul's Drag Race will compete in the new All Stars edition of the show.

RuPaul on 'Drag Race,' Brand-New Album & the 'Gayest' Show on TV

The new season of All Stars is slated to air following the eighth season of RuPaul's Drag Race. A premiere date for the latter has yet to be announced, but each new season of RuPaul's Drag Race usually launches between January and March each year. The seventh season premiered on March 2, 2015.

Werking It: Our 12 Favorite Drag Queen Chart Hits

"Every season they arrive as drag artists, and they leave as international stars," RuPaul says in a statement provided by Logo. "The chance to bring back my best girls for a new season All Stars is a dream come true for me and all the fans around the world.

The first RuPaul's All Stars Drag Race aired in 2012, following the first four seasons of RuPaul's Drag Race, and crowned Chad Michaels as its winner. (Michaels had previously competed on the fourth season of RuPaul's Drag Race.

Miley Cyrus Had the Best Time at 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Grand Finale

As for the contestants on the new season RuPaul's All Stars Drag Race, those details have yet to be revealed (or, ruvealed, as fans of the show might say). Jokes RuPaul: "Now I'd like to tell you which queens are coming back, but then I'd have to kill you," jokes RuPaul. "But, never the lest, stay tuned for more updates. Because this new season of All Stars honey is going to be like no other, and it will leave you gagging!"

Many competitors on Drag Race go on to notch Billboard chart hits, following in the footsteps of the show's namesake host and co-executive producer, RuPaul. Most recently, contestants from the seventh season -- including winner Violet Chachki and runner-up Pearl -- both notched their first Billboard chart entries. The former reached No. 11 on the Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart with the Gagged(EP) and Pearl also hit No. 11 on the same list with Pleasure.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...-stars-drag-race-return-second-season-logo-tv

thisisnottheradiorep likes this.
  2. I just saw what @Animalia posted

A new Drag Race queen will enter the Drag Race Hall of Fame when the new season of RuPaul’s All Stars Drag Race arrives!

Logo today announced the series will return to find out which of Ru’s previously booted queens has the Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent to join Chad Michaels in becoming the second highly-revered All Star queen.

Related: “Food To Get You Laid,” “Secret Guide” Season 2, Coming To Logo TV

The series, set to air after the eighth season of RuPaul’s Drag Race, promises “more eleganza and double-lashed side eye than Drag Race has ever seen.”

In the meantime, get to speculating about which of your favorite queens will join the cast, and keep your eyes peeled for the new season of RuPaul’s Drag Race: Season 4 RuVealed premiering on Friday, July 31 at 8pm on Logo.

http://www.newnownext.com/rupauls-d...emiere-on-logo/07/2015/?xrs=synd_twitter_rpdr

3. Who are the rumored queens that have cleared their schedules etc.?

Ideal cast :

Pearl
    Willam
    Alaska
    Adore
    Trixie Mattel
    Alyssa
    Katya
    Laganja
    Gia Gunn
    Tatianna
    Milk
    Max
    Courtney Act

4. Willam's already said he's not involved, which is heartbreaking. Alaska's basically confirmed, and I know Katya and Ganj have been heavily rumored.

5. Morgan McMichaels was a guest on the latest episode of Ru & Michelle's podcast, so maybe she'll be returning?

Just give me Katya, Mrs. Kasha Davis, Bendelacreme and Trinity K Bonet and I'll be happy.

6. A part of me would really like the cast to avoid all the bigger names (Alyssa, Alaska, Adore, Willam) and give us a load of Queens who have improved vastly since the show and/or got a bum deal the first time round.

I'd love Trinity K. Bonet, April Carrion, MAX, Milk, Mrs Kasha Davis, Lineysha Sparx.

And if they are gonna bring back some of the first series' I'd love Ongina, Tatianna and Mariah.

Baby Clyde likes this.
  7. I'd love to see more of Mariah and Ongina. They were fantastic in their season but don't really get enough love these days.

Vivi deserves a spot, too. I've warmed to her a lot since she started working with/for Alyssa.

8. Throw In Roxxxy, April, Coco, Nicole Paige Brooks, Mariah, Dida Ritz and Vivacious and I will live

9. RJF

RJF

The idea of another season sounds exhausting to me at the moment. I think I'll just need to watch the show independently of all the Internet related fuckery next year. It seems like it'll be a lot more fun that way; it certainly was when I was catching up with the show on my own.

10. Just give Stacy Layne Matthews the crown and money.

11. RJF

RJF

The phrase "volure couture" is one of the things that has honestly made me scream with laughter on the show, so I'm more than happy for Stacy Layne Matthews to come back and give us more of her shambolic fashions, henny.

12. I'm sorta in the same boat. I mean, Reddit was fantastic with links because I didn't get Logo at my university, but everything else about the show's Internet presence, and especially fanbase, has driven me nuts this year.

It was inevitable with how popular Drag Race has been getting, but I am so over the rabid tweens who tweet "aSDJFL;; FIST ME WITH A CORN COB MOM" at Katya every time she so much as farts or send death threats to the queens they don't like. It's not easy to ignore anymore, either, to the point where I barely check any queens' Twitter accounts these days (and I want to be able to keep up with them!).

13. Erm my only Rupaul thing every week was watching the show. Why do you go on twitter or anywhere for more?

Baby Clyde likes this.
  14. By the way crying at
    Related: “Food To Get You Laid,” “Secret Guide” Season 2, Coming To Logo TV

Yes to Trinity K. Bonet, April Carrion and maybe MAX.

15. Eh, reading the Drag Race subreddit was just a natural byproduct of going there for links (it was easier than trawling Google!), and with the Twitter thing, if a queen I like is doing a gig near me I'd like to know about it as soon as possible so I can decide whether or not I can/want to go.

16. I want to get excited for this, but apparently we're only getting 8 episodes (and 10 for the main season), so I live in fear of teams.

10 of the proper best competing, on the other hand, could be pretty cool. Ben, Alaska, Katya, Phi Phi, Ivy, Courtney, Max, Ongina, and two from season 8 would work pretty well.

Unfortunately
    Porkchop
    appears to have a slot... And Willam won't be on this season at all. Especially with a "tell-all" book due soon.

17. What is this exactly? And why Season 4?

18. I swear to god, if All-Stars 2 is filled with acting and singing challenges...

19. She absolutely should have a slot.

In fact my preferred cast would be made up of the 1st elongated queens from each season assuming they hadn't already returned in some capacity.

I don't see the point in giving a platform to the women's who are already more famous than previous winners.

20. Porkchop shouldn't be on AS2, Part of the love for Porkchop is that she's managed to build a career from being the first person booted from drag race before it become popular, Bringing her back kinda taints that