RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 9 (Call Me NO SPOILERS) | Page 645 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 9 (Call Me NO SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Vasilios, Jul 22, 2015.

1. @silkandskin = Sasha
    @Stuart = Eureka

2. I've never been more insulted to be compared to somebody.

3. Hopefully it'll inspire you to change.

Terminus and munro like this.
  4. oooh she already done had herses

Terminus, Mr.Arroz, munro and 5 others like this.
  5. I said I felt

6. But why push it straight to negativity?

7. Katya so obviously won the Cherry Bomb lip sync.

It's a shame because All Stars 2 is probably the tightest and most exciting season of Drag Race (barring Season 3's Untucked) but it's eliminations were the most baffling. If they wanted to stir up drama, surely breaking up Rolaskatox would have proven more exciting than keeping Roxxxy around. Watching the Reunion, it was like Alyssa was top 4 anyway.

Terminus likes this.
  8. The challenge recycling is real but I don't even care. I need this.

9. Katya lost the Cherry Bomb lipsync the moment Alaska licked her cheek.

Glitterizer, Terminus and Overdose like this.
  10. Even as a die hard Katya stan I don't think she was robbed of a lip sync win. Alaska's Cherry Bomb lip sync performance is one of my favorites.

11. I agree. I mean it was a very close lip sync but Alaska took it in the second half, as she did in their other lip sync together. And the Step It Up lip sync was just poor all round.

12. I kinda think Katya dressing for the lip sync ultimately hurt her, conversely I think Alaska's energy made the lip sync work for her.

junglefish likes this.
  13. I feel like Alaska relied too much on comedy for Cherry Bomb. It worked in some part, particularly when she licked Katya's face, the flag had no relevance to performance. Similar to how she was praised for doing Little Poundcake even though her 2 in 1 look was literally half trash, it just felt gimmicky and like she was rewarded for the sake of it.

Kirkland likes this.
  14. I don't really think Alaska was all that funny in Cherry Bomb, for me the look at 1:24 sealed her as an actual punk singer who would do Cherry Bomb live on stage. To me it was the exact mix of punk and camp that make Cherry Bomb.

Terminus and silkandskin like this.
  15. Every time I rewatch an All Stars 2 lipsync I get so thrown when Manila's chop chop chop chop doesn't follow Ru's.

Rhombus, RJF, Runawaywithme and 15 others like this.
  16. Exactly this. Katya gave a great performance (hello jump split) but it was still Drag. Alaska revealing the American flag from her wig is exactly the kind of subversive shit Ru lives for.

Jwentz and allyshone like this.
  17. Alaska won the lip sync but I wanted Katya to win that challenge so bad. Her ad was actually funny and Alaska's was... reductive. It also would've saved Tatianna from getting unjustly eliminated. Most of the annoying parts of All Stars 2 could've been avoided if Katya won that lip sync.

Terminus likes this.
  18. Which song is that from?

19. Literally The Chop:

20. Ok but the chorus is a 10.

Jwentz likes this.