RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 9 | Page 962 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 9

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Vasilios, Jul 22, 2015.

1. I am screaming and crying and gagging at this

LP, Uno, Serg. and 13 others like this.
  2. He says 'dry' TWICE and yet no Laganja references? I'm disappointed.

3. It's going to be dry in the northern part of the country, kinda like your vajoina mawmba.

LP, beyoncésweave, Uno and 13 others like this.
  4. Laganja was such a mess but is so iconic.

5. It's an exaggeration. It's not like Vogue was between Zayn Gigi and Milk / Sasha but they chose the former. Zayn doesn't wear women's clothes at all in the shoot?

6. In what universe does someone score Venus D'Lite and Rebecca fucking Glasscock, over Miss Jessica Wild and Lineysha?

Why is Robbie Turner that high? Pandora higher than Violet??? Raven, Raja and Juju lower than Bob and Jinx? Ew

7. Exactly

[​IMG]

8. This catfishing.

Meathook likes this.
  9. This list remains offensive. I love how they have redone it to add the Season 9 queens but not fixed the old errors. Like Roxxxy apparently being in Season 7.

10. But that's exactly the point. Zayn was dressed as a man and Gigi was dressed as a woman, the "fluid" element being pastel colors and floral prints on suits and tracksuits styled for their actual gender. It was as normative as it could have possibly been and yet the article and the interviewees were all about bypassing the concept of gendered clothes (but hey, it's not about identity! It's about shapes and having fun!)

Had Zayn sported a floor length gown, or even a Palomo Spain ensemble, or even anything that vaguely looked like womenswear, then we wouldn't have had to complain about it. But what they did is taking a cis straight couple, styling them inoffensively and slapping a fancy label on them, a label they have never claimed for themselves but that is important to many queer people, as if having a fluid gender identity was about costumes and not about respecting an ultimate truth of your own self. It was uncalled for to sell the trite diluted androgyny of that photoshoot as revolutionary gender fluidity, especially as there are many performers and models who do that on a regular basis, and much more powerfully.

Vogue is free to make the editorial choices they like but if you want a slice of the queer cake, then you have to put your money where your mouth is.

LP, POPGASM, beyoncésweave and 30 others like this.
  11. Ah sorry I didn't know there was text too so apologies.
    And you explained it so now I understand it better.

JuanJose and Psycho like this.
  12. This response:

Uno, Serg., Sam de Jour and 8 others like this.
  13. If only he could be this thirsty for actual talent.

14. Lee Dawson got lean!

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  15. [​IMG]

16. Cringe.

17. Literally lasted about 5 seconds into that weather thing.

Also I've just clocked in Season 4 (no idea if they do this in other seasons). In the intro they have the queen last eliminated looking sad holding the cheque and wearing the crown.

Damn Netflix for cutting the intro so I've missed this.

Kirkland likes this.

18. I'm not religious, but I feel so moved

LP, POPGASM, beyoncésweave and 41 others like this.
  19. #LatinXcellence

LP, ericcccc, Serg. and 25 others like this.