S Club 7 | Page 48 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S Club 7

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by JuanXitoSpears, Jul 8, 2015.

1. The problem of Tina is that she tried so hard to break away from her S Club image that she tried different music genres, from hip-hop to pop, to funk-soul. I think she has even tried rock. She got confused and didn't find her own music identity. When it came to release independently her music, she chose to remix her songs, release some poor remixes, kill her own songs, and lose the little credibility she had. And now, the most ironic thing is that she is back with S Club 3 and she was one of the members who needed the reunion of 2015.

With a better guidance, I am confident she could have delivered something better.

2. I just can't imagine a world in which Tina would've had success with solo music. The only people really capable in my eyes are Rachel and Jo (before she went on Celebrity Big Brother....).

Angeleyes likes this.
  3. He’s a rip from the radio earlier of the single

Justice4Lisa and spillett like this.
  4. It doesn't sound bad, it's just not quite what I expected.

Justice4Lisa likes this.
  5. Alright so.... it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but it's not the floor stomping anthem I wanted either. Still, better than nothing at all I guess.

With that said, Jo's vocals are still ace after all these years.

Justice4Lisa likes this.
  6. I quite like it. Not gonna change the world but nice enough.

7. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I enjoy it but really Jo's vocals are the only thing to make it feel like an S Club song.

JamieHT likes this.
  8. I started loving S Club Juniors more than S Club.

I was 9 when they were out and i remember dying inside of excitement when I seen them live on the S Club United tour.

Ah, simpler times!

9. Hearing Family from beginning to end, it's actually alright. I love love love Jo's voice.

I'm not from the UK, but for those of you that are do you think it enter the chart even if at a low position?

Justice4Lisa likes this.
  10. Come on... It's good!

Justice4Lisa likes this.
  11. It’s not being released until Monday. So they don’t seem that confident in it.

12. Jo was basically the voice of s club 7. If they actually put effort I’m sure they could gain some success. Still not sure what Tina’s role is in the band?

13. So I'm actually loving Family. My heart melted when Bradley did his line and Tina did the middle 8. Bradley's adlibs at the end were great too. It sounded very S Club to me, the only thing missing was one or two Jon adlibs over the end.

ElectricPlatypus likes this.
  14. I've given it a chance but it's woeful.

HighRise likes this.
  15. It's a nice track I'll definitely download it. Jo's voice is as gorgeous as ever love her tone.

With the S Club 7 name attached and some big tv performances it could've had a chance.

16. Listening to the single it’s alright it’s no scared of the dark though

andru and JamieHT like this.
  17. It's fine, but yeah it's not Scared Of The Dark-level quality.

18. It's not awful but it's not great..... it's just 'there'.

andru and tajd like this.
  19. I bop.

Justice4Lisa likes this.
  20. It's ok but I have no desire to listen to it again.