Samantha Mumba | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samantha Mumba

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by ElectricPlatypus, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Typical really. I have the US album so have always been used to the mixes/versions on that. Years later I got the UK album and couldn't believe how awful Baby Come On Over sounded! And no Don't Need You (To Tell Me I'm Pretty)?? Keep it.

2. I think Personalities would have done well if released in 2007 as planned. I'm still not sure if it's really produced by Timbaland/Danja or if that was a myth.

The other songs on her Myspace (kii) at the time though sounded generic beyond belief. Even for 2007.

3. Didn't she reject 'Sound Of The Underground' I mean that was the best pop song of the noughties so if you are turning down songs like that then where do you expect to go from there?

NuhdeensPassport likes this.
  4. Yep and DJ by Jamelia allegedly.

5. These could well be 'we emailed her team the song and never heard back' issues.

6. I adore Sam and wish she had given us more, but Sound Of The Underground found its home.

Rhombus likes this.
  7. By the time they released the album in the US the UK version had been out for a while so I assume 'Don't Need You...' And the other extras were newly recorded for that version, along with the single mixes of the songs already released. They did eventually re-release the album in the UK with he same version as what the US got.

I think I prefer the re-release too although some of the tracks on the UK version were missed off which is a shame (namely 'Believe in Me'). Plus the original album cover was much better.

tylerc904 likes this.
  8. TRAVVV and spillett like this.
  9. Oh my, the old PJ boards are always a laugh.

10. K94

K94

THE GOOD OLD DAYS!

11. Mumba Vs Jamelia for 2020.

12. They both should be making music still.

ElectricPlatypus likes this.
  13. Everything Sam makes is at least good. I watched Sam cook a pigeon on Ireland Celebrity Masterchef and even it looked serviceable.

14. The Boy, featuring her Brother was a little misjudged, right? I mean, she's singing about boys and boyfriends and her little brother comes in rapping about girls... It's just weird.

15. I remember my friend was really impressed she had Will.I.Am on her record. I could have seen that version as a single.

16. Omero's rap on The Boy is iconic.

17. Omero and Buffalo G were iconic.

18. What the hell is going on with her vevo? Did Louis Walsh destroy the master tapes?

TRAVVV likes this.