Santa Clarita Diet | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Santa Clarita Diet

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by truman, Jan 17, 2017.

1. From the creator of Better Off Ted.
    With Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant.

Could be good.

Sam de Jour likes this.
  2. I'm very excited for this. Concept sounds incredible, but trailer is a bit too 'iZombie meets Weeds' for me. Have high hopes.
  3. I wish Netflix had just revived Better Off Ted instead (much as I wish Jessica Jones had actually been Shitagi Nashi) but I do like Fresco's sensibility. I think it'll be a fun weekend binge.
    Island and diamondliam like this.
  4. I originally thought it was about cannibals, and I was a bit disappointed to find out it's actually about a zombie.
  5. Looks amazing and love Drew Barrymore.

Hope it's not a disappointment like A Series of Unfortunate Events.
  6. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

Funny, I think the concept is inane, but the execution actually looks decent.

Olyphant and Barrymore look like they're having a lot of fun.
    Beginner likes this.
  7. pdf

Have never rated Barrymore as an actress (way more charm than talent) but this looks very interesting... and Netflix have not made many stinkers so far.
  8. Ooh this looks potentially good, I'm looking forward to it.
  9. Drew Barrymore isn't particularly a great actress but she's cute and charming enough in her delivery that even you can kind of enjoy a technically bad movie with her in it. I'm looking forward to this.

Drew >>>>>> Cameron Diaz
    Tribal Spaceman, truman and lushLuck like this.
  10. This is how I feel. Plus Drew looks hilarious.
    Island likes this.
  11. I don't know how anyone couldn't like Drew Barrymore. My heart warms seeing her in any project, and I hope this is the smart, snarky thing her career needs.
  12. I'm still mad that Drew didn't win the Emmy for Grey Gardens.
  13. Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    lushLuck likes this.
  14. Timothy Olyphant is daddy.
    ufint, Sam de Jour, LPMA and 4 others like this.
  15. I got so excited when this banner popped up on Netflix. I adore Drew and she doesn't seem to get any good roles anymore, not sure if that's down to her or not. This looks good!
  16. It's true Netflix doesn't put out many stinkers but this seems really shit to me.
  17. I love Drew and the trailer looks a lot of fun - looking forward to watching this.
  18. The ending of the first episode made me holler.

Don't know if the concept is strong enough to last a full season though.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  19. I'm 5 episodes in and it's an absolute hoot.

The scene when Drew takes on the drug dealer. I had tears of laughter.
  20. Pilot is SO bad. Everything is so cheap