Sarah Jessica Parker hints that Sex And The City could return | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sarah Jessica Parker hints that Sex And The City could return

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by spillett, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Why do you think Kerry is bitchy? She has positive and negative character traits, like every person. I think most women behave this way.

2. People handle things differently though. That's the whole point.

If I was stood up on my wedding day, I would probably be like Carrie.

3. I think the "Carrie is unlikeable" thing is one of my big takeaways from this rewatch so far, and I'm not far into season 2. And the odd thing is, SJP can excel at playing unlikeable characters (watch The Family Stone or the first season of Divorce for evidence) but this is one we're supposed to root for.

andru likes this.
  4. My uncle spent a decade working in Kuwait and often told me that the ladies used to have on designer clothes underneath their required clothes.

5. The Louis Vuitton spring collection though?

6. Well I don’t know about that ha ha.

7. Who is Kerry?

8. Well I guess it depends if they are let out of the house to get their hands on the current collection.

9. I used to do customer service for Victoria's Secret (not for long, I couldn't deal with people getting dramatic and upset over bras) and actually a lot of orders went to the Arab Emirates. It doesn't strike me as odd that women might be wearing designer clothes underneath their veils, although there is something weird about the way the movie presented it.

Smooth Criminal and Terminus like this.
  10. SJP has finally spoken out and basically says that Kim is a liar.

11. Wher does she say Kim is a liar? I'm not sure where you're getting that from in the above?

12. Does anyone like "Divorce"?

13. No

shadedeflector likes this.
  14. I do! Has the second season started?

15. January 21st I think. There's a trailer

The show isn't the best thing ever but I enjoy putting it on in the background and seeing SJP in something new.

spillett and andru like this.
  16. She kind of plays the same character in everything though. A bit like Jennifer Aniston, though Jeniifer has had moments of really branching out.

17. Yeah, while I was watching Season 1 of Divorce, it felt like Carrie Bradshaw struggling with married life in the suburbs.

18. I have no interest watching Divorce. But I love Sarah's take on Carrie. I love that Carrie is superficial, most of the time self centered and flawed which made her very human and relatable to me.

19. I tend to agree, but then Frances is so much less hateable than Carrie so she must put some sort of effort into the different performances.

20. Divorce was great, I'm looking forward to the second season. I love Sarah Jessica, she's very gifted with comic timing I think.