School of Seven Bells | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School of Seven Bells

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lapti Nek, May 13, 2014.

1. I am not entirely sure, but I do not see a thread for the band School of Seven Bells. Is anybody familiar with their work? If not, you really should do yourself a favour and maybe start with a single from their third album, Ghostory, called Lafaye.
    [video=youtube;dUrQnDVWXvo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUrQnDVWXvo[/video]

2. All 3 albums are equally as good!

3. A&E

A&E

There's a thread for Ghostory... and I don't know if this thread wouldn't be better suited for Comeback Corner given that the band's future is unclear following Benjamin's passing. Love their music and I should check out their earlier releases as I only have heard Ghostory and Put Your Sad Down.

4. Thank you. Will check the Ghostory thread and move this one to Comeback Corner.

5. A&E

A&E

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  6. A&E

A&E

In case the news might have eluded someone here, the final album entitled simply SVIIB is comng out on 12 February. Work on it began in 2012 shortly after the release of Ghostory, and was finalised early last year with help of producer Justin Meldal-Johnsen. You can read extensively about the story of the album over on Noisey. The single leading the release is the gorgeous Open Your Eyes.

1. Ablaze
    2. On My Heart
    3. Open Your Eyes
    4. A Thousand Times More
    5. Elias
    6. Signals
    7. Music Takes Me
    8. Confusion
    9. This Is Our Time

7. A&E

A&E

8. 'Open My Heart' is quintessential School of Seven Bells. Love the repetition of, 'With me your love's safe'. I am really exited for the album release but also sad knowing this will be their last material. I really hope Alejandra will continue making music.

9. A&E

A&E

I'm pretty sure she mentioned that she's already started work on something new! She just wants to close this chapter first.

10. That is fantastic news! Listening to all three albums in anticipation of the 26th of February. ILU is on repeat at the moment.

11. I love them! All of their albums are great.

Lapti Nek likes this.
  12. This album is shaping up incredibly well so far.

The story behind it alone is so compelling and devistating to me.

Lapti Nek likes this.
  13. A&E

A&E

Ablaze, the album opener:

bichard, constantino and Lapti Nek like this.
  14. This is perfection! Wish I could download it immediately. Ablaze could become my most favourite sviib song.

15. I'm loving all these new tracks although it's still very sad given the circumstances. Really looking forward to the whole album.

16. RJF

RJF

I just found "Ablaze" on Apple Music and was immediately hooked, only to find it's the end? What a shame, both circumstances and result.

The album is leaked, by the way. I'm about to give it a go.

17. Ablaze is good. I shall be giving this a listen methinks...

And thanks @A&E. I've just read the article on Noisy. It managed to draw some tears out if this old faggot (no mean feat!) Cancer can get fucked.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  18. Elias is sublime.

19. RJF

RJF

That article is unbelievably sad, but at least they got to finish this. It's a fantastic album.