SET FIRE TO THE RATE: THE ADELE DISCOGRAPHY RATE RESULTS: #4 | Page 13 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SET FIRE TO THE RATE: THE ADELE DISCOGRAPHY RATE RESULTS: #4

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Terminus, Apr 30, 2017.

1. @2014 May I ask why my commentary for Lovesong wasn't included?

2. 2014

2014 Moderator

i don't know what you're talking about just edited it in, apols xxx

LE0Night, evilsin and KingBruno like this.
  3. 2014

2014 Moderator

TOP 20

CHASING PAVEMENTS
    COLD SHOULDER
    MAKE YOU FEEL MY LOVE
    HOMETOWN GLORY

ROLLING IN THE DEEP
    RUMOUR HAS IT
    TURNING TABLES
    DON'T YOU REMEMBER
    SET FIRE TO THE RAIN
    I'LL BE WAITING
    ONE AND ONLY
    SOMEONE LIKE YOU

HELLO
    SEND MY LOVE (TO YOUR NEW LOVER)
    I MISS YOU
    WHEN WE WERE YOUNG
    WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE
    RIVER LEA
    ALL I ASK

EXTRAS

SKYFALL

Still quite a nice mixture of tracks left, but with 21 only losing 2 tracks in the last 10 eliminations it's definitely faring a lot better - any predictions of what the next cuts could be????

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  4. You've got 21 songs in that list, I'm not sure which shouldn't be there. (He Won't Go maybe?)

5. 2014

2014 Moderator

You didn't see anything

sorry xxx

LE0Night, myblood, slaybellz and 2 others like this.
  6. I think it is One and Only that has already been cut.

All I Ask needs to fuck off.

7. No worries, I was trying to be hepful.

2014 likes this.
  8. There's a pleasing theme to this.

Island, qetaz, LE0Night and 8 others like this.
  9. 2014

2014 Moderator

Welp I thought I'd done something else wrong

10. I giggle everytime @2014 fucks up a bit.

Island, LE0Night, myblood and 6 others like this.
  11. Hello can say goodbye soon.

2014 and Alouder98 like this.
  12. 2014

2014 Moderator

20. I'll Be Waiting

[​IMG]

Average = 7.29
    Highest Score = 10 x 2 @2014 @kal
    Lowest Score = 4.5 x 1 @Epic Chocolat
    My Score = 10

Another full score from me, this elimination hurts too! I'll Be Waiting is triumphant and a great centre-piece for 21, to separate some of the ballads in the middle of the record. It was heavily rumoured to be a single alongside Turning Tables, but Adele's pregnancy forced the decision to be scrapped. Adele claimed it's 'like the soundtrack of my life' and stated that Dusty Springfield was a big inspiration for the tune.

'Loving the horns and ADELE isn't just singing here. Girl SANGS! Singing with some sassy kiss-off flavour,' hollers @Sprockrooster but @evilsin claims 'it's cheery, but basic.' @tylerc904 praises it as a 'much needed change of pace in the latter half of the album.'

19. One And Only

[​IMG]

Average = 7.40
    Highest Score = 11 x 1 @Terminus & 10 x 4 @AlmightyAloud @HollyDunnSomething @kal @Kyle.
    Lowest Score = 4 x 2 @GhettoPrincess @LE0Night
    My Score = 6

I thought this would do a wee bit better because it is a very powerful ballad, but it doesn't rock my boat in all honesty, and with only 4 10s and an 11 from your old host, and quite few average scores it didn't stand a chance to crack the top 15. It was apparently the most performed song on the 11th season of American Idol and is the only song not dedicated to the guy the majority of 21 is about. She describes it as a 'happy song' and was co-written with Dan Wilson (lead singer of the band Semisonic) who also worked on Someone Like You.

@Kyle. calls it 'beautiful' as @Sprockrooster admits 'I always forget how this one goes and seem to be surprised over and over again by this brilliant wall of sound.' @tylerc904 likes it - 'this one, despite it’s length, is really great,' as @evilsin reasons; 'Bluesy, not feeling it though, but the overall vibe is nice. Had to give it a score higher because of the amazing middle 8.'

I have to apologise if I've missed a lot of people's commentaries in previous elimination posts, I accidentally deleted half a page I set out with everyone's commentary and just gone through all the results I received and am trying to edit it all back in now for y'all - again, sorry! Please let me know if you spot that you're missing in any of the write-ups, thanks xxx​

13. I love One And Only! Probably would make it in to my top 10 Adele songs.

myblood, kal and Alouder98 like this.
  14. kal

kal

Fuck. Both of these hurt because they’re amazing.

I was just watching the Royal Albert Hall performance of One and Only and DAMN ADELE.

myblood, KamikazeHeart and 2014 like this.
  16. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

I would have had Lovesong in top 20 so sad to see it fall just before.

Chasing Pavements, Cold Shoulder, and I Miss You can go now.

17. Agreed (except Cold Shoulder, she can stay).

18. 2014

2014 Moderator

Be prepared for 11s to fall...

18. Don't You Remember

[​IMG]

Average = 7.42
    Highest Score = 10 x 2 @Alouder98 @munro
    Lowest Score = 3 x 1 @ohnostalgia
    My Score = 5.5

21 keeps losing it's tracks now and it's time for another mega-ballad to go - the one inspired by country and in particular Lady Antebellum, I don't really see the comparisons myself, it just feels quite overwrought and dreary for me. She performed the track on Later...On Jools Holland, a prestigious music show in the U of K, and was another one considered for single status, but alas it wasn't to be. Also relatable Queen in the artwork, may I just say???

'Bit of a damp squid which I might have been unfairly harsh on given the strength of the tracks that surround it,' comments @Kyle. however high scorer @munro gushes; 'the live version is actually even better than the studio version but this is still amazing.' 'When will I see you again' kills me every-time' cries @Sprockrooster as @evilsin remarks 'I like the pre-chorus more than the actual chorus, but it's still all pretty nice.'

17. All I Ask

[​IMG]

Average = 7.42
    Highest Score = 11 x 2 @AlmightyAloud @send photo & 10 x 5 @CorgiCorgiCorgi @HollyDunnSomething @Kyle. @londonrain @tylerc904
    Lowest Score = 4 x 2 @LE0Night @Sprockrooster
    My Score = 5.5

Proving to be one of the most divisive tracks in the whole rate, All I Ask takes the fall now as the first song to receive multiple 11s and the most 10s so far! Rather remarkable for a song on her 3rd album that I've not really gone back to since its release, but there's obviously something there! It was co-written with Bruno Mars, Christopher Brown (not that one) and Philip Lawrence. Inspired by Billy Joel, the track is the 'soppiest ballad' the pair could come up with, according to Adele. Bruno rather funnily compared her vocals while recording the song to 'that noise in Jurassic Park.' King of compliments!

'I remember before the album came out there was a clip of her performing this live online and she demolished it. The way she uses her voice on this song is like nothing else. It's perfection,' beams @Kyle. but @Sprockrooster disagrees entirely; 'not a fan of that vocal sound at all, especially when she starts screaming.' @munro yasses 'yas, c’mon key change,' but @evilsin is also left unimpressed 'the piano is pretty, I guess, but overall I'm bored.' @KingBruno gives us a rather frightening fact; 'this is done by the same producers group as Get Sexy by the Sugababes,' scream! @tylerc904 enjoys it too and notes 'you can hear a bit of Bruno’s writing style coming through. One of my very favourites.'

19. I DIED, DEAD.

LE0Night, myblood, KingBruno and 9 others like this.
  20. Noooooo, Don't You Remember deserved to be in top 10.