Shania Twain: Now! (Fifth Album) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shania Twain: Now! (Fifth Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by BostonJamesz, Jul 25, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

I'm quite torn when it comes to her releasing new material, on the one hand I'm so desperate for it I could claw my own eyes out but on the other she could potentially taint her back catalogue which (in my opinion anyway) is without a single flaw and has meant a whole lot to me since before I can remember! The fact Mutt Lange most likely wont be producing (unless they've come a long way since the divorce and "Why Not?" is also a concern since "Today Is Your Day" felt to much like an imitation as good as a song it was. Either way she's finally getting on with things and her success in Vegas just goes to show how much of an impact she made if she can still cash in on it 11 years later!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  2. Re: Shania Twain (New Album Discussion Thread)

She had the kind of mythical era (10 singles!) with 'Come On Over' that she could feasibly live off for the rest of her career without releasing anything new. I'd be happy with a re-release to mark its 16th anniversary to be honest. Give me 'You've Got a Way (Remix feat. Drake)'.

3. Re: Shania Twain (New Album Discussion Thread)

I had no idea she was even doing a Vegas show. Up is one of my favorite albums ever.

4. Re: Shania Twain (New Album Discussion Thread)

Christ has it been that long?!

5. Re: Shania Twain (New Album Discussion Thread)

I love Shania Twain but part of me wishes that she'd leave it at Up... as mentioned, I don't want her to potentially ruin the ideal I already have towards her!

I still frequently listen to Forever And For Always, though. One of my favourite songs ever.

6. Re: Shania Twain (New Album Discussion Thread)

She should do it, and let Mark Taylor produce it. His remix of "Yoü & I" sounds exactly like a 21st-century Mutt Lange song should.

7. Re: Shania Twain (New Album Discussion Thread)

Hell must have frozen over or pigs flown.

8. Re: Shania Twain (New Album Discussion Thread)

Since Mutt Lange produced Yoü & I, wouldn't that mean the original is how a Mutt Lange song should sound in the 21st century?

9. Flockheart

Flockheart Guest

Re: Shania Twain (New Album Discussion Thread)

In two minds about this too... I have a feeling that the public isn't really here for her anymore and the album will bomb.

10. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

Re: Shania Twain (New Album Discussion Thread)

I was so excited when I saw this thread but we've have been on soon for a while now. I never thought I would see the day Shania would come out with a new album and Kingdom Hearts 3 would be release but it looks like they are both come eventually.

Also since the article above was speaking of a Christmas album I just found a few days ago Ka Ching was meant for her Christmas album before Up!

11. Re: Shania Twain (New Album Discussion Thread)

This thread is missing something...

Shania Twain (New Album Discussion Thread!)

12. Re: Shania Twain (New Album Discussion Thread)

This is so very true, had to add it! I would have added more if it hadn't looked so messy!

13. 'Forever and Always' is one of the most romantic songs of all time, I love it so much. 'Home Ain't Where His Heart is (Anymore)' makes me weep. As for her up-tempos... they can only be described as joyous. The lyrics and production are so uninhibited, they felt like bottled up sunshine. No one puts me in a better mood than Shania.

Her albums are brilliant, but like everyone else, I'm super apprehensive about anything new that she's going to put out. Her albums were 50% Mutt Lange's genius, and without that element, I'm worried that the music won't have that spark. 'Today is Your Day' felt limp because it lacked Mutt's trademark backing choirs.

14. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

It better be as good as this.

[​IMG]

15. This looks pretty fucking fantastic.. Urghhh why do Vegas flights have to cost so much.. If i did go though, I could go see Shania and Britney all at once.. Shame Cher still isn't there..

16. I hope she gets a decent producer on board, I fear without Mutt, she may not be able to recreate the magic of the last two albums.

I love come on over, I hope she can get close to that level of amazingness.

17. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

I'm not worried about her not having Mutt really. Her debut has a lot of great songs on it including What Made You Say That, Dance With The One Who Brought You, God Ain't Gonna Getcha For That and There Goes The Neighborhood. She also wrote Home Ain't Where The Heart Is without Mutt even though he has a writing credit on it.

Nathan Chapman, Dann Huff or Frank Liddell would be good choices with Nathan probably being the best as he has worked with a lot of different genre styles.

18. [video=youtube;2PKnoMA9F8c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PKnoMA9F8c[/video]

MARK TAYLOR MARK TAYLOR MARK TAYLOR

19. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

Did Mutt produce her remixes or did someone else? You and I remains awful though I wouldn't be opposed to Mark Taylor doing the remixes I guess.