She saved the world. A lot: The Ultimate Buffy Episode Rate- Hush vs The Body! | Page 49 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She saved the world. A lot: The Ultimate Buffy Episode Rate- Hush vs The Body!

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by rav4boy, Apr 5, 2017.

1. No need to apologise, I wouldn't put it past myself to have left one out!

Also, one of my favourite things about it is how they managed to get away with a lesbian cunnilingus scene coupled with the lyrics "you make me cum" on network television.

rav4boy likes this.
  2. Hahaha!!
    @GhettoPrincess I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this Hun but if @AstronautMikeDexter had been a little more generous, it probably could have made the top 5. There's little difference at this point.

AstronautMikeDexter likes this.
  3. "She came from the grave much graver" I am stunned, I thought this could win it! It's perfect.

Lost In Japan. likes this.
  4. Where's my stake when I need it?

5. Finally something goes right for me in this rate! Although if I had my way this episode wouldn't have even been included or even created.

I gave good reasons, very solid reasons, but my commentary didn't get included.

6. I'd be quite interested to hear your commentary.
    [​IMG]

7. Giving it a 1 and a 2?!?!?!?!?!???? Are those mistakes? Like seriously WTF!

[​IMG]

8. You when someone tries to give any kind of explanation.

[​IMG]

After they turn their locations on.

[​IMG]

GhettoPrincess likes this.
  9. Sorry, that was a genuine mistake! I've got you commentary, will add it when I get back home.

10. Added it- I must have blocked it out mentally when you actually said you'd rather dance to the Femme Fatale tour! Crushing critique indeed!

AstronautMikeDexter likes this.
  11. Whoever gave below a 7 should have their scores revoked and be banned.

12. Oh no worries at all! I'm glad people got to react to my score before they could react to my commentary because now it means that I got to crush people twice.

Spiderwebs and rav4boy like this.
  13. Darla sums up my feelings.

[​IMG]

14. I'm shocked! I thought that would be top two at least.

A song.

Bruno Ferreira and rav4boy like this.
  15. Actually shocked that Once More, With Feeling dropped. I thought it would've made Top 3 since it's so acclaimed but there are a few valid criticisms about the episode. Either you love it or hate it.

16. Either you love it or you're wrong.

17. What are the valid criticisms though?
    To tie a musical episode seamlessly into the plot and ADVANCE story lines due to its presence is incredible. It is OBJECTIVELY above a 7 regardless if you like the music.
    I'd understand docking a point for Willow's awful voice.

HollyDunnSomething and DJHazey like this.
  18. I never expected Popjustice of all places to criticise a musical episode. Shocked.

19. I'd say that the "gimmick" criticisms are valid since it essentially is, but Buffy pushed boundaries of sound before with all of Hush and The Body having nothing but natural ambiance to heighten the mood. There was no reason to make a musical episode of Buffy other than to say that they made a musical episode of Buffy, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, it was woven into the story and advanced it perfectly, and thought the soundtrack delivered. I can just see why some people would have issue with it.

Edit: Oh, I just looked at the scores. There's no reason for a 2 and a 1.

20. Honestly one of the most shocking results I have ever seen in any Popjustice rate and I've probably participated in over a hundred by now.

This x 1,000,000.

sfmartin, Mikl C and Bruno Ferreira like this.