SHINee | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHINee

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Ribzy, Jul 26, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    -Onew-Taemin-Jonghyun-Minho-Key-

Shinee/샤이니/シャイニーis a contemporary R&B South Korean boy band. Formed by SM Entertainment in 2008, they made their debut on May 23, 2008 on SBS's Inkigayo with their promotional single, "Noona Neomu Yeppeo (Replay)" ("누난 너무 예뻐 (Replay)"

The members;
    Onew (Lee Jinki) - Leader and Lead Singer.
    Jonghyun (Kim Jonghyun) - Main Singer
    Key (Kim Kibum) - Rapper, Lead Dancer, Lead Singer and Diva.
    Minho (Choi Minho) - Rapper, Lead Dancer.
    Taemin (Lee Taemin) - Main Dancer, Maknae.

Discography:

Albums:
    The Shinee World (2008)
    Lucifer (2010)

EPs:
    Replay (2008)
    Romeo (2009)
    2009, Year of Us (2009)

Singles
    Noona, You're So Pretty (Replay)
    Love Like Oxygen
    A.Mi.Go
    Juliette
    Ring Ding Dong
    Lucifer
    Hello

Japanese singles
    Replay (Kimi wa Boku no Everything)
    Juliette
    Lucifer

Rainbow Trousers likes this.
  2. Korea's best boyband in my opinion.. Love these guys! I can't wait for there Korean comeback and there Japanese singles/albums.

3. Replay and A.Mi.Go are two flawless pieces of KPop.

4. A.Mi.Go is probably my favourite song of theirs. I remember I used to rave about it in the main K-Pop thread but nobody cared, haha.

And is it crazy that I'm still considering whether to go for their concert which will be held in my country (Singapore) in September? The tickets aren't expensive but I keep thinking about how the money can be put towards my next vacation/bag purchase.

5. When are they releasing more stuff? I know they did a bit of Japanese promo for Replay and where on tour but they seem rather quite now.

6. I've kind of lost track of them, but they're in Japan now, doing...something.

And yes that's crazy xoxo! The tickets could be double/triple the price next time considering how big they're getting haha

Taeyang likes this.
  7. ^^ I know! Not to mention it's a full concert so it should be worth the money. I have till Saturday to think about it.

8. I'm addicted to Juliette atm.
    I think its one of there best era's. The styling was on point!

9. SHINee are the only K-pop act I've gotten into so far, beyond liking the odd song or two. The fact that that one act is a boy band surprises me greatly, and I'm not entirely sure what they have that all the other boy bands, Korean or otherwise, don't.

10. Performance wise, Super Junior still **** them. But Jonghyun is awesome.

11. For me, there's just something 'cool' about SHINee compared to the other Korean boy bands who may come across as 'cheesy' sometimes. They are able to pull off weird 'concepts' that I think even G-Dragon and co. can't. SHINee is probably one of the few boy bands I would recommend without feeling embarrassed or worried that people would judge me for my taste in music. Of course it helps that they are backed by great music and are very good at what they do (singing and dancing, at the same time).

12. They're like the only kpop boy group that can wear ridiculously camp and colourful clothes, without looking like fools.

13. What are their standout album/ep tracks to everyone? I've went through the singles and like 3, but they look like a really good boy band and worth getting into.

14. A-Yo is great as well and from their album Lucifer which is fantastic. The two songs Ribzy posted are from that album too.

15. Album tracks that I like are: Forever Or Never, WOWOWOW, You and JoJo, plus the ones that have already been mentioned.

They're all amazing.

16. Another vote for Ready Or Not and JoJo. I also like Scar and Romeo+Juliette.

They have some amazing ballads too if you're into those.

17. Those tracks posted are really good! I'm definitely going to give the Lucifer album a good listen.

18. A-YO is amazing.

19. A Yo is amazing! I wish it was a follow up single to Lucifer instead of Hello