Shows that were largely forgotten but are still great | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shows that were largely forgotten but are still great

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by StraightActing19, Jan 8, 2014.

1. I was coming here to post the exact same thing.

As much as they exhausted a lot of storylines, the cast were so good. I loved Holly and Nora together by the end.

Leopold and TheChoirgirlHotel like this.
  2. I was shocked to learn that Matthew Rhys is actually Welsh!

Be right back, melting while hearing his accent.

phily693 likes this.
  3. Alias, The Lying Game, Daria, Hit The Floor, My Mad Fat Diary, Secret Diary Of A Call Girl, Being human US, United States Of Tara, GCB, Scrubs, Jamie's Private School Girl/Summer Heights High, Faking It, Dirty Sexy Money, Tru Calling, Dollhouse, Veronica Mars, Ugly Betty.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Leopold, Island and Terminus like this.
  4. "The Lying Game" was so good. I cheered when Alexandra Chando got a small part in the last series of The Vampire Diaries.

popprincess and Maria like this.
  5. The Lying Game should still be on TV and Alexandra Chando should have the life Nina Dobrev leads.

popprincess, unnameable and Maria like this.
  6. Hindsight from VH1 a few years ago. It's Being Erica/Peggy Sue but with 90's nostalgia, but I'm still bitter that they cancelled it after renewing it. There were too many relationships to actually think it would age better than Velveeta cheese, but that cliffhanger was amazing. The showrunner is really nice in one of the Facebook groups.

7. Once and Again. From the creators of My So-Called Life. Also on ABC but actually had a longer life than MSCL (three years). Sela Ward and Billy Campbell and the rest of the cast were excellent but Evan Rachel Wood was just incredible.

The scene where she and a pre-OC Mischa Barton express their feelings to each other remains utterly moving.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  8. O
    Ooh, that's good to hear. I never wanted to check it out because it sounded too sitcomy for me but now I'll add it to my list.

9. Dead Like Me
    Kyle XY
    Freaks & Geeks (no one seems to talk about it in the UK)
    The Secret Life of Us
    Beautiful People
    Jack and Bobby
    The Hour
    Solo

10. Please welcome to the stage, the show that made me accept I was gay.

11. I remember being a 20-something student when The Secret Life of Us was shown in the UK for the first time. That summer, Big Brother was unleashed upon the public - all the teenagers I was working with that summer were addicted, while all my fellow 20-somethings wished they lived in Australia and had careers like the guys on The Secret Life of Us.

12. I remember watching The Tribe on a weekend morning
    [​IMG]

Leopold and AshleyKerwin like this.
  13. I'm screaming because my friend tried to get me to watch this and I watched 20 episodes sped up on YouTube but I couldn't get through it at all. My friend is still mad about this and it's almost been 2 and a half years.

14. Season 2 of Alias is easily one of the best-written and executed seasons of any series, ever.

15. Francie doesn't like coffee ice cream.

BTG, itsthemanbearpig and Terminus like this.
  16. The greatest TV fight sequence of all time.

17. [​IMG]

One of my fave TV characters.

18. ALIAS, YAS!!!

It didn't really hit home in the UK, but I purchased the DVDs as they came out and lived. I must have gotten through Seasons 1-3 in about a week after I got them. And yes, Season 2 is its best, so so good, I do enjoy Melissa George in Season 3 as well.

BTG likes this.
  19. "Alias" is one of those shows that deserve(d)/(s) to have that cult following that keeps its memory alive. It was pretty damn successful when it was on, but it doesn't get nearly enough credit for how good it was. I read an article a while back about how it did the whole continuous cliff hanger serialisation before "Lost" whereas it tends to be attributed to the latter.

It was such a cinematic show, in the genuine sense of the word. To date, I've yet to see a TV programme (well, one that doesn't have an unusually high budget, anyway) capture that sense of scale. They were brilliant at faking all the foreign locations despite never leaving L.A., the action scenes and stunts were spectacular, the disguises, the music, the stellar ensemble cast, Jennifer Garner's powerhouse performance...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  20. Y'all have me gagging at all this Alias love. Along with Buffy it truly transformed my idea of what television could do. Indeed it was both incredibly massive and cinematic and at times beautifully intimate. It kills me that Jennifer Garner has never found a film role that allowed her to flex her impressive acting chops like Alias did.

Leopold, BTG, Terminus and 1 other person like this.