Sigrid - Queen Of Middle 8s | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sigrid - Queen Of Middle 8s

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by backstreetjoe, Feb 11, 2017.

Cathal, Island and 2014 like this.
  2. I love Fake Friends too! She's a very exciting act, isn't she? Hope she doesn't get stuck in album release purgatory.

3. What sort of push is this girl having over here? I know Spotify used 'Don't Kill My Vibe' in an advert over here but Apple Music seems to be pushing the fuck out of her; she's currently got a front-page banner there and 'Don't Kill My Vibe' is currently first in Top Songs despite only so far peaking at #89 over here and it literally having not left said section in about two months.

TRAVVV, Bobbyrae and LE0Night like this.
  4. She's a push artist for Apple Music. I think it was just announced today.

She's crazy hyped. The label bidding for her was insane for 2017, apparently.

joe_alouder, PEARL, 4Roses and 3 others like this.
  5. She's been getting banners other places too.

[​IMG]

Also I think she was on James Corden's Late Late Show last night. The British hype machine seems to have latched on as well.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Island likes this.
  6. Girl I literally came to post this. Hadn't even heard of her until I went onto New Music this morning. Don't Kill My Vibe is incredible. Can't wait to hear the EP.

7. They're pushing her as hard as Maggie Rogers. Trying to position her as the next Lorde methinks? Interesting.

Txetxu likes this.
  8. In love with the EP.

9. So is Sigrid going to happen, or is it too early to tell? Am I right in saying it's all flatlined a little?

10. Like early Zara with early Selena via a solo Haim.

TRAVVV and LPMA like this.
  11. Too early, she basically came from nowhere.

12. Can we appreciate this?

13. It's surprising how this didn't even go top 10 in Norway.

Txetxu likes this.
  14. This is what I was thinking.

Vasilios likes this.
  15. That Corden performance is electric. She's really fucking good isn't she? I've been using the EP so hard - Dynamite in particular is gorgeous.

I'm a little worried she'll get swallowed up by this hype though. Get an album out for fuck sake - she's not gonna bag a hit without one.

LE0Night and Petty Mayonnaise like this.
  16. She's got such a nice, effortless charisma and presence to her on stage especially for as young as she is. Honestly it'd be great if her team really capitalized on the hype and got an album out before the end of the year.

LE0Night likes this.

18. Plot Twist is fucking HUGE. The video is perfect.

19. The "Do you need, me, to spell it out loud-just screw it up plot twist moved on and now you want me" bit is MASSIVE. One of the best moments from a pop song this year.

alejandrusco and PEARL like this.
  20. I feel like her train has passed and I hope to be proved wrong. "Don't Kill My Vibe" got a massive digital push and it still did nothing.