☆★ Sistar Discography Rate ★☆ | Deadline 31st July! | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

☆★ Sistar Discography Rate ★☆ | Deadline 31st July!

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by SloMover, Jun 4, 2017.

1. [​IMG]
    KEEP OUR HEADS UP, COS WE'RE MIGHTY SISTAR!

The group (consisting of members Hyolyn aka S.Korea's Beyonce, feature queen Soyou, KPop's favourite bully Dasom and Bora) debuted on Jun 3rd 2010 with the modest Brave Brothers produced track Push Push, and went from strength to strength from there on out. The quartette is Kpop's premier rags to riches story.

Sistar consistantly delivered the goods - from wall-to-wall bangers like How Dare You (2010), Touch My Body (2014) and Shake It (2015); as well as showcasing their more softer and sensual sides with gems such as Shady Girl (2010), Alone (2012) and Give It To Me (2013) - the Queens of Downloads clawed their way up to become one of South Korea's Top Tier Girl Groups based on sheer talent and quality of output alone.

Even when reduced to half their members, their quality never waned. Sub-unit Sistar19 (made up of Hyolyn and Bora), delivered genre defining tracks Ma Boy (2011) and Gone Not Around Any Longer (2013) - setting the trend of smooth and sultry KPopNB, influencing the likes of AOA, HelloVenus and ex-Wonder Girl Sunmi.

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. In 2017, the Queens of Summer announced that their latest comeback will also be their last - delivering a heartfelt goodbye letter in the form of Lonely.

It is now time for us to honour the All-Kill Queens in the form of a comprehensive discography rate (kii) - with ALL tracks battling it out to see which Sistar gem is KPJ's definitive selection.

[​IMG]

HOW TO PLAY
    Rate each song from 0-10 and PM me your scores. Half scores (.5) are allowed.
    Give as many 9-10s as you want, and if you want to cause hateration and holleration, give as many 0-2s as you want.

You are also allowed to give ONE track a score of 11 - remember, this is for that one track that holds a special place in your heart, destroys your puss or scalps you bald.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    GeiPanda, junglefish, Salami and 4 others like this.
  2. [​IMG]
    THE SONG LIST
    (I'm not including intros because who cares?)

NB: All headings click to Youtube playlists of the minis/abums

PUSH PUSH (2010)
    [​IMG]
    Push Push
    Oh Baby

SHADY GIRL (2010)
    [​IMG]
    Shady Girl
    I Don't Want a Weak Man

HOW DARE YOU (2010)
    [​IMG]
    Over
    니까짓게 (How Dare You)

SO COOL (2011)

[​IMG]
    So Cool
    Girls Do It
    Follow Me
    New World
    Ma Boy (you can rate either the Sistar19 version or the four-member version)

ALONE (2012)
    [​IMG]
    나혼자 (Alone)
    No Mercy
    Lead Me
    Girls On Top
    널 사랑하겠어 (I Choose To Love You)

LOVING U (2012)
    [​IMG]
    Loving U
    Holiday

SISTAR19 - GONE NOT AROUND ANY LONGER (2013)
    [​IMG]
    있다 없으니까 (Gone Not Around Any Longer)
    나도 여자인데 (A Girl In Love)

GIVE IT TO ME (2013)

[​IMG]
    Give It To Me
    넌 너무 야해 (The Way You Make Me Melt)
    바빠 (Bad Boy)
    Summer Time
    일주일 (A Week)
    Crying
    Hey You
    If U Want
    핑글핑글 (Up and Down)

TOUCH N MOVE (2014)
    [​IMG]
    Touch My Body
    나쁜손 (Naughty Hands)
    But I Love U
    Ok Go!
    Sunshine

SWEET & SOUR (2014)
    [​IMG]
    I Swear
    Hold On Tight

SHAKE IT (2015)
    [​IMG]
    Shake It
    애처럼 굴지마 (Don't Be Such a Baby)
    Good Time
    나쁜놈 (Bad Guy)
    Go Up

INSANE LOVE (2016)
    [​IMG]
    I Like That
    끈 (String)
    해볼래 (Wanna Do It)
    Yeah Yeah
    Say I Love You
    이불 덮고 들어 (Under the Blanket)

LONELY (2017)
    [​IMG]
    Lonely
    For You

MISCELLANEOUS
    [​IMG]
    Chronos Soul
    Hot Place
    One More Day (with Giorgio Moroder)

Push Push
    Oh Baby
    Shady Girl
    I Don't Want a Weak Man
    Over
    니까짓게 (How Dare You)
    So Cool
    Girls Do It
    Follow Me
    New World
    Ma Boy
    나혼자 (Alone)
    No Mercy
    Lead Me
    Girls On Top
    널 사랑하겠어 (I Choose To Love You)
    Loving U
    Holiday
    있다 없으니까 (Gone Not Around Any Longer)
    나도 여자인데 (A Girl In Love)
    Give It To Me
    넌 너무 야해 (The Way You Make Me Melt)
    바빠 (Bad Boy)
    Summer Time
    일주일 (A Week)
    Crying
    Hey You
    If U Want
    핑글핑글 (Up and Down)
    Touch My Body
    나쁜손 (Naughty Hands)
    But I Love U
    Ok Go!
    Sunshine
    I Swear
    Hold On Tight
    Shake It
    애처럼 굴지마 (Don't Be Such a Baby)
    Good Time
    나쁜놈 (Bad Guy)
    Go Up
    I Like That
    끈 (String)
    해볼래 (Wanna Do It)
    Yeah Yeah
    Say I Love You
    이불 덮고 들어 (Under the Blanket)
    Lonely
    For You
    Chronos Soul
    Hot Place
    One More Day

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  3. RESERVED FOR RESULTS

4. RESERVED FOR RESULTS PT2

5. Now that the above is done, let me know if there's anything missing.

I've decided against Hyolyn's solo work or Soyou's features... What does everyone think of this?

Also, what's an appropriate deadline? I'm thinking early/mid-July?

6. Can you please add One More Day to the list, I think it will do very well here. I agree about not including their solo works. And about the deadline I think mid (or late) July is good since there are no rates/contests at that time.

Oh I always think about another popstar when I want to compare Hyolyn (and Sistar in general) to western artists.

[​IMG]

Kii.

SloMover likes this.
  7. Tempted to take part in this, but I don't think my scores are going to be very high...

8. I got you covered sis!

junglefish likes this.
  9. Giving out 0s and 2s is not something I do generally -- I'm more talking 5s and 6s! But you never know, I might find something I like after all.

10. I know I'm gonna be dragged for this but Shady Girl is a contender for my 11 ddddddddddddddddd. I love it so, so much without a hint of irony.

11. Yes please let's include One More Day.

Overdose, Cotton Park and Alouder98 like this.
  12. One More Day
    Chronos Sword
    Hot Place (I had no idea this one existed until just now????)

junglefish and Alouder98 like this.
  13. [​IMG]

Kii, I'm glad someone went through and did a discography rate though. Do it justice, hunty!

Chart fun fact: Sistar is the act with the longest running set of #1s on the Gaon Digital Chart, currently sitting wth 8 consecutive #1's, possibly soon to be 9 consecutive #1 singles. They also are tied at #2 for groups with SNSD for most #1s and, if Lonely goes #1, will be in a three-way tie with BIG BANG and 2NE1 for most #1s by a group on the Gaon Digital Chart.

Who else by the iconic queens of summer?
    [​IMG]

He, Overdose, Squashua and 6 others like this.
  14. Gone Not Around Any Longer
    Alone
    I Swear

Perfect top three right there.

Sanctuary and Slice of Life like this.
  15. "and Bora"

Screeeeeeam

16. Alone was so amazing when it was released, but I played it into oblivion and then Brave Bros made about 3,816 versions of it. The sound has not only been run into the ground, it's penetrated the earth's mantle and is rapidly borrowing towards the core.

It'll still probably get my 11.

Slice of Life likes this.
  17. Alone gets bonus points for the "I dunwanna cry... deh-stroy my ass..." misheard spoken intro syncing with the bend over choreo to be honest.

18. Okay I already sent my scores since I'm busy for the next few weeks. Honestly my scores are not very high, I gave a lot of 5s and 6s but overall it was really good for me to finally check their discography. We can do this for other groups with small discographies like Miss A and Nine Muses in the future.

Sanctuary and Squashua like this.
  19. I barely know any of their songs so I may have to listen quite a few times, otherwise those 2010 hits are not going to be getting a good review from me.

20. #ShadyGirlForTop1

Slice of Life likes this.