Songs that have re-entered the charts due to the X Factor effect | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Songs that have re-entered the charts due to the X Factor effect

Discussion in 'The X Factor' started by Robert, Sep 29, 2013.

1. So or the past few years now songs that are played in the background or sung by contestants on The X Factor sometimes make their way back into the charts. I thought it would be interesting to make a list of the songs that benefit from The X Factor this year, as some songs have already re-charted.

If you could add their peak on the Official UK Singles Chart that would be good too!

I'll start off:

Beyoncé - Listen (23)
    Demi Lovato - Skyscrapper (13)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  2. Jason Mraz - I Won't Give Up will be in or around the top 15 tomorrow.

3. Shocked at how high Skyscraper climbed on iTunes.

4. Flockheart

Flockheart Guest

The shade just throws itself.

5. I'd love Woodkid's 'Run Boy Run' to get a boost up seeing as they are using it pretty much every episode and trailer.

6. Me too! Such a fantastic song.

7. I'm surprised it hasn't done much with all the X Factor promotion.

8. Skyscrapper is up to #7 this week.

Jason Mraz - I Won't Give Up (#14)

9. Mumford & Sons - I Will Wait (#33)

10. What a colossal flop this series has been. Normally there are random ballads from a few years ago hanging around the lower reaches of the top 40 during X Factor season, this year, el zilcho.

11. It's because everyone's already bought them during previous series. I swear most of the songs this year were ones that have been on the show multiple times already.

12. True. No originality at all this year. Even the cheap attempt at mimicking the success of Little Mix with En Vogue was reused.

13. So after tonight's episode My Immortal has shot up to #16 and the album's at #9!

Lost Boy and 2014 like this.
  14. Issues has re-entered the iTunes top ten, so there we go. The Gucci ad has also pushed Runnin' back up to 36.

(None of these will be top 75 on the official chart.)

Robert likes this.
  15. Just came to see if my assumption here was correct.

TALENT ALWAYS WINS.

GRMusic and Robert like this.
  16. Piece by Piece (Idol Version) is #6 and the album version is #17 on iTunes!

Edit: it's #3 now! (And #15)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    andru and GRMusic like this.