Sophie Ellis-Bextor. | Page 1117 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sophie Ellis-Bextor.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Dazzle, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Apparently Sophie spoke about her "friendship" with Harry's fiancée on Lorraine or something... In case anybody is interested.

I'm so curious to hear this orchestral GH, I think it will sound amazing.

But she HAS to put some completely unpredictable choices on it, otherwise it wouldn't be our usual Sophie project. Fingers crossed.

2. Day one - Murder, Heartbreak, Catch You, Groovejet. They’ve used strings, a French horn and a harp.

I can not contain my excitement. The violins on Catch You sound fierce and Heartbreak sounds so much bigger now.

LP likes this.
  3. The Facebook previews are sounding lovely. I hope and pray Today The Sun's On Us, Starlight, and Music Gets The Best Of Me make the cut. She has a stellar collection of singles. I couldn't imagine having to pick and choose between them.

soratami, LKane and justFurio like this.
  4. Love the 'Heartbreak' snippet. It sounds rather lush and dramatic, a bit like 'Birth Of An Empire'.

I wonder if she actually likes 'Music Gets The Best Of Me'. She doesn't perform it that often.

AndrewX likes this.
  5. That's a good question

6. She will do a sarcastic spoken word version of it on the next tour.

7. I don't think she does. It was her first release to miss the top 10 at the time but it remains spectacular nonetheless. I wish she would embrace it rather than treating it like an unwanted child.
    I'm being a little pessimistic though, hopefully she will see the error of her ways.

8. I kind of want a troll song to be on it. The orchestral version of Supersonic would be hilarious. Especially with that spoken word bit.

Uno, soratami, Runawaywithme and 3 others like this.
  9. See, I read this and was like "Harry Styles is getting married??"
    Get Over You for both.

And I see we're ranking Sophie albums again (day that ends in Y), so:
    1. Make a Scene
    2. Read My Lips
    3. Trip the Light Fantastic
    4. Shoot From the Hip
    5. Wanderlust
    666. 'Familia'

tylerc904 likes this.
  10. Since she loves medleys, it should flow nicely into "I Won't Change You".

"I've got you covered, covered like lotion

(Ed Harcourt playing harp)

I'll still change my underwear if that's O.K with you"

11. Gimme an orchestral version of You'll Get Yours. It'll go off!

Vyrisus, kaushik, Deer Stop and 2 others like this.
  12. I think it would be hilarious if this is the way she's decided to give her fans a studio version of "Dear Jimmy."

13. I’d take it anyway. Dear Jimmy will sound extra dramatic and sinister with the orchestra. I sincerely hope she considers it.

Totally! I wish we get orchestral versions of fan-requests after album #7.

biffy77 likes this.
  14. This is random. But, I was looking through some old archived posts from Sophierazzi and I noticed that @Nunya B found the title "Is It Love" on BMI. It was written by Betty Boo, Sophie and Steve Robson.. We knew Sophie was working with Betty around the time. Could this be the same song that leaked? For some reason, I didn't put two and two together back then.

I know Sophie mentioned she was working with Betty Boo on some radio show and months (years?) later she spoke about the Roger Sanchez on MTV. And both those songs leaked.

Also, for those who are still wondering which era Love Heist is from, I found an old post confirming that it was a Trip outtake. The Hype (Romeo) is also from the same era.

Does anyone remember a documentary/interview/video message with Sophie, somewhere between 2009 and 2011 where she explained how she parted ways with Polydor and that she was going to release music independently? Either she was in her library or near a bookshelf of some sort. I have a very vague memory of watching this once and I can't seem to find it anywhere now. She spoke about leaving her label with the masters of the songs, not finding a label to release the album, going independent etc.,

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    Deer Stop likes this.
    Deer Stop and kaushik like this.
  16. Thanks @Nunya B for posting the video. That last question about theaudience was from me. I remember it was someone on PJ who interviewed Sophie there (Can’t remember who it was though, sorry).

Was there another video where she explained the whole delay with Make A Scene? I remember watching something candid, it was around the time we had the whole AATW rumours, the Russian release etc.

17. It’s Christmas Live From the Royal Albert Hall is on Sky One is a few minutes and Sophie will be performing.

biffy77 likes this.
  18. She sang Sleigh Ride and sounded great! Very nice to see her performing on tv again.

kaushik likes this.
  19. I didn't think the Roger Sanchez track leaked.

20. Uno

Uno

Make a Scene is fun, but too inconsistent.

1. Trip The Light Fantastic (my favorite album of all time)
    2. Read My Lips
    3. Shoot From The Hip
    4. Make A Scene
    5. Wanderlust
    6. Familia