SOPHIE - Product | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOPHIE - Product

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Nunya B, Jul 28, 2014.

1. This is great, just wish it was longer.

I hope we get to hear this song soon.

2. I absolutely love this - it's like M.I.A. and Whigfield on some really potent acid. I've been waiting for a proper followup to Bipp for ages.

Is it really only barely two minutes, though?

3. Terrific. Liking this much more than Bipp.

4. He's one of the most exciting electronic producers to come out recently. This is great. Also what happened to Nadia Oh?

5. This is going to be huge. can't work out if i want to cry or just boogie :/

6. Amazing. I wish this was actually a SOPHIE track featuring Nadia Oh. The chipmunk chorus sounds just like her! Also "candy boys, club, club, candy boys". It's definitely one of the poppiest tracks by a PC Music act so far, together with Attachment by Hannah Diamond. I adore everything this guys have been putting out.

I want SOPHIE or anyone from PC Music to make a music video. Their aesthetic is so on point. Especially Hannah's.

7. Can't listen at work, but does it continue the trend of AMAZING songs titled Lemonade?

8. This is pretty fantastic. I wish that sugar chorus was brought around a few more times.

9. Yes.

10. What a fucking jam.

11. This is a shameless rip off of Nadia Oh.

12. You say that as though it could be anything less than a wonderful thing. Someone should keep her legacy alive!

13. It's funny how this PC Music sound is the hot hipster thing when Nadia Oh basically pioneered it years ago and was only championed by some internet gays as an ironic diva.

Sometimes I get the feeling this kind post-tumblr trend thing is more fun to talk about and impress your friends with than listen to. The posturing of anti-intellectualism, poptimism, etc.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  14. This is fucking awful. Would be far more tolerable if the song went full happy hardcore after the first chorus, instead of going into...whatever that is.

15. I saw lemonade, candy, and boys and was hoping for the best/cutest summer song ever.

This? I'm not sure it even sounds like a song, to be honest. Oh dear.

16. K94

K94

Full album please though I doubt will get one - Elusive Chanteuse teas.

I love everything I've heard from her/him/them/it.

17. I can see your point, but I don't agree with you. PC Music seems very genuine to me. Of course, every release is paired with Tumblr-friendly imagery and the music is intentionally weird, but I wouldn't say it's wonky just for the sake of appealing to the hipsters. The production style is actually very, very creative. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but don't let that stop you from enjoying it for what it is.

And yes, Nadia Oh totally fits in with what PC Music are trying portray, but with different music. I'd love her to work with these producers. It could be brilliant.

18. I don't like it as much as Bipp, but it's still very good and more interesting than most current music. I really hope we get an album.

19. The girl singing has to be Nadiah. Would bet jelly beans on it.