*Spice Girls* | Page 374 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Spice Girls*

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by james1986, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Another thing that I would do for Forever is shorten some of the songs. If You Wanna Have Some Fun is one minute too long. The pop mix of Right Back at Ya should have been used.

I don't really know what to do with the other ballads like Oxygen, Time Goes By and Weekend Love. I guess make them sound more like the Spice Girls? I wish Spike mixed those songs.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  2. Play them till your bussy wakes up? ALL THREE ARE AMAZING.

3. Tell Me Why isn't a ballad!

davearama likes this.
  4. I think one thing frustrating about the whole third era is that from 1996-98 they put in the groundwork for pop music and pop culture. Then, in late 98, with the massive pop resurgence came TRL, SM:TV etc. and they never really got the full benefit of that exposure as a group because they decided to take a two year hiatus.

They should've capitalised on that pop music comeback they were so largely responsible for and gave us that third album in 1999. By the time Forever was released, there was very little interest and with zero hype and minimum promotion, it was inevitable they would be unable to reclaim even half of the success they had before.

5. Brilliant post. Timing was keen to Forever's success I think.

lushLuck likes this.
  6. Forever shouldn't have been their last album. Another 3 albums would have been nice from the girls . However, with Geri and no Victoria (one can dream).

7. It is structured horrendously. Doesn't surprise me that it was the last track recorded for the album as it was clearly an after thought for filler purposes.

8. To be honest, I think they'll come back and do something (minus Victoria) but I doubt it'll be new music.

They could probably interest Melanie C in a tour and that would be it.

Geri seems very determined to do her own music again and Emma and Melanie B don't see that fussed.

9. I meant Time Goes By.

10. Forever will always be proof of how much Geri contributed to the band. Schizophonic was the better album whilst Forever got lost in the crowd (though I still like a few tracks!).

11. Completely agree. Goodbye certainly benefited from the news surrounding the single, but it was also helped by capitalizing on the 'TRL/MTV teen culture' their young fans had evolved into. By the time Forever came around, pop was oversaturated with boy bands and young pop starlets. They made pop cool again in the 90s, but the genre exploded once they stepped away. The Spice Girls felt like a dated concept by 2000; there wasn't a need for them anymore.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    NorthernStar and Colin like this.
  12. G & C keeping it real

13. I'm so happy for Geri and how her life has turned out. I know it sounds soppy but (like a lot of us on here) growing up she was my favourite Spice Girl and I followed her solo work, read the books etc... so after all her personal troubles it's lovely to see her with a genuinely nice bloke and gorgeous kids.

andru and _Gru_ like this.
  14. I wish she would dye her red someday.

Stopremix and madgemad like this.
  15. She looks so good!

16. He

He

Her husband is so hot.

Also, I would die if I ran into her on the metro.

17. I do adore Geri as a redhead.

I sure hope we get that new spice girl album someday (Geri, Mel C and B, and Emma).

Who knows

budhi.malu likes this.
  18. It really is amazing how much of an icon Victoria Beckham has become. She's had to deal with a lot of cunty remarks over the years but she spun that shit into gold!

NorthernStar and Kirkland like this.
  19. Her certainly is, mega hot in fact!

20. Agreed. On both.