*Spice Girls* | Page 409 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Spice Girls*

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by james1986, Jul 3, 2006.

1. You know I adore the girls, but they can shove it.

We've had enough documentaries with the same old interview and behind-the-scenes clips and a re-release of their greatest hits is just insulting.

If it's not all 5 together in the same room, then don't bother.

Kirkland and andru like this.
  2. This so needs to happen! Amazing idea.

andru likes this.
  3. They really need to release a b-sides compilation. It's just a pile of streaming money waiting for them at this point.

4. A B-Sides one would be much welcome too!

superglowy and andru like this.
  5. That'll be difficult as not everyone will get to talk as much.

JMRGBY88 likes this.
  6. If it's all five then I'm all for it. Just do something worthwhile.

andru likes this.
  7. At least then we can admire Victory looking utterly fabulous.

andru and HollyDunnSomething like this.
  8. Harper just needs to get her act together and leak the stuff we haven't got. Take a leaf out of Star-Lily Scott-Lee Henshall's book.

andru likes this.
  9. I read it as a telly special with them performing all their hits, no?

andru likes this.
  10. HRH

HRH

Of course there's no rule, but there's no demand. Unless there's an actual album campaign (which there won't be), the publicity surrounding nostalgia reunions typically revolve around some sort of anniversary that is meaningful to the band and/or to fans.

I actually think they could create a lot of buzz/publicity if it were that. And of course Geri would love being at the center of it all!

andru and bichard like this.
  11. The disadvantage to this reunion would be that it would be rather dependent on the material/performance and/or release, because the previous reunion did not skimp on the retrospective of their career. As others have said, they can't really retell the same stories again, and nothing relevant of note has really happened since then. Beefing it up/fleshing it out will be a bit more of a challenge.

andru likes this.
  12. HRH

HRH

This would be a awesome! But are there any unreleased Spiceworld tracks? Based on the info we know about the Spice Invaders recording session, I was under the impression the only finished tracks were what ended up on the album and the three B-sides.

andru likes this.
  13. Yeah we'd be more likely to get post-Spiceworld pre-Geri leaving tracks rather than Spiceworld outtakes.

Rafa_el and andru like this.
  14. I am SO sick of these reunion rumours every couple of months.
    [​IMG]

Rafa_el, chris4862, Izzie and 2 others like this.
  15. What are you talking about? There's always demand for more Spice Girls. They could sell out a tour today if they announced one.

HolyWater, andru and _Gru_ like this.
  16. HRH

HRH

Of course they will always generate interest, but pulling out another Best Of for seemingly no reason feels like a cash grab.

People like to celebrate anniversaries. Best Of's are about celebrating the past, and there is no better time to celebrate than on an anniversary year. I'm sure it would be successful, but not quite as successful as it could have been in 2016.

As a lifelong fan, it's just a bit confusing for them to do some half-assed reunion on a non-anniversary year. If it's not a full on album campaign, my opinion is that they just wait until people expect a reunion and there is actual hype for it.

andru and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  17. Record a new fucking album for fucks sake.

18. It is mad to think it's 20 years ago next year when Geri turned her back on Ginger Spice. Broke my 7 year old heart in the process.

19. Nothing anyone can say would change my mind in thinking it's the best idea to go full throttle with new material, if they're reuniting.

Society right now needs 5 older women screaming in our faces about Girl Power.

20. HRH

HRH

That's why I'm okay with a 4-piece reunion (or even GEM) if Victoria doesn't want to do it. It really is silly for them to not be doing something they want to be doing just because it isn't the full line-up and the fifth person isn't interested in music.

_Gru_ and andru like this.