*Spice Girls* | Page 413 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Spice Girls*

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by james1986, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Yes, a happy ending was eventually around the corner.

andru likes this.
  2. I remember watching this on Top of the Pops when it aired and I asked my mum why Ginger looked upset and my mother replied saying "it's a sad song, it probably means a lot to her".

What really gets me though is Vicki B & Mel C's forced smiles at the beginning... is that TOTP saying "c'mon girls, smile for the camera"?

andru and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  3. I can imagine none of them really wanted to be at the time. Got all too much.

andru likes this.
  4. Every smile Victoria gives is forced. Queen of Pouting etc.

andru and Spiral like this.
  5. Yes, it's the same with Steps. You would never think that pop groups from your childhood would have dark underbellies. Kind of ruins the magic.

snoho, andru and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  6. Sad and so very true.

andru likes this.
  7. Viva Forever is such a masterpiece.

tylerc904, Robert, madgemad and 12 others like this.
  8. The production on it is magical and well done.

andru likes this.
  9. Their debut album is still my favourite Spice album. Yes, I know most of you will plump for Spice World but the moodier side of their first album always appealed to me. It feels like an album of varied sound and scope.

Izzie, He, andru and 1 other person like this.
  10. I rarely feel the need to choose between the 2, but Spice World wins solely for the fact that it has Viva Forever on it. To me they are equally good, I wouldn't want to choose one.

Robert and andru like this.
  11. I am one of those who plump for Spiceworld as my personal favourite, but Spice more than holds up too. I especially like the more urban tracks such as Love Thing and Naked. If You Can't Dance is the best though! What a song!

Madaboutmusic, andru and Kirkland like this.
  12. SPICE 10/10
    Spiceworld 7/10

Lucy Honeychurch and Kirkland like this.
  13. Which songs do you rate low on Spiceworld @Vasilios ?

Vasilios likes this.
  14. Saturday Night Divas
    Too much
    The Lady Is A Vamp

Conan likes this.
  15. Viva Forever gets overlooked so much. It’s an absolutely stunning song from start to finish. Lyrically, melodically, the production is stellar - it deserves so much more. I feel like it needs to be revived somehow and featured somewhere so people appreciate just how moving it is.

Robert, andru, Stepsmatt and 4 others like this.
  16. Looking at SPICE formats I found this...
    [​IMG]

JMRGBY88 and ssa like this.
  17. EX-SQUEEZE ME?

Robert, andru and Sideout like this.
  18. The only song on Spiceworld that is less than a 10 is The Lady Is A Vamp.

Robert, Stopremix and Overdose like this.
  19. Not the usual choices, that's refreshing! I was totally expecting Do It and Denying to be there.

Vasilios likes this.