Steps - Tears On The Dancefloor | Page 1578 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steps - Tears On The Dancefloor

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by inoculatte, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I've known of girlband members who had to do a show the day after they had a miscarriage and their grandmother died that same weekend. I think in general 'the show must go on' applies in this business. Definitely for members who aren't directly affected by whatever happened.

Seanie and JMRGBY88 like this.
  2. I don’t know. I guess we can’t say without knowing anything. (I’m not saying we should be told any more.)

3. W2K

W2K

Unfortunately I have to disagree. I think it looks a mess here.

Scotty B likes this.
  4. I’m still not a fan of the style so I see your point, I guess I was just pleased she’s growing it again .

5. I wouldn’t want her to go back to longer hair though like the Reunion. Shorter is definitely the best for her. (She can, of course, do what she likes.)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Scotty B likes this.
  6. I was at the Minehead gig and H said they “hope Lee’s daddy gets better soon.” It was weird seeing them perform as a four piece but family comes first.

As for H’s chaps, they came undone at the back and Faye and Lisa had to tie them back up again. He joked he was commando under his jeans and it was nothing to write home about under there!!

Mvnl likes this.
  7. Oh dear. Poor Lee and his Dad (and whole family). Absolutely the right decision.

8. I assumed it would be a parent.

9. Was anything else mentioned last night? was the script pretty similar to the tour spiel or a nod to the future plans/summer tour etc

JamieHT likes this.
  10. No future plans mentioned, just the thank you for having us back spiel.

It was the tour scaled down - screen graphics of wedding cake rather than tiers, three hospital beds instead of five on stage, four costume changes.

17 songs so PL, DWABH, Despacito, If you could read my mind, Enough is Enough we’re cut. They did Summer of Love in full though.

11. The big question is: who said ‘pienso que te quiero?’

Maybe they would’ve done the Summer Of Love with Despacifo if Lee had been there.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  12. Just watched the video I took - no one

JamieHT likes this.
  13. Yeah, most bands carry on if they can physically carry on without the missing member. Especially as in most cases it'll cost them £££ to cancel.

14. "Get 'well' soon Geri" springs to mind....

andru likes this.
  15. Yes. I don’t think that’s the situation here though.

tajd likes this.

16. This is gold.

Interview from 13:40
    "Are you going to be the Peter Pans of pop..."
    Lee *points at H* "This is Tinkerbell

Performance of Loves Got A Hold follows interview

And then to close the show the boys take centre stage for a rare performance of To Be Your Hero

JMRGBY88 likes this.
  17. So Lee sings the choirs of to be your hero you can’t even hear him?

18. Poor Lee, miming to H's backing vocals. You'd think they'd have thrown together a mix where you could hear him.

tajd likes this.
  19. Shame about Richard Fairbrass.

Claire ‘rich and not working.’ Hmmm.

To Be Your Hero is an odd one isn’t it? I like it. It was performed on TV a couple of times but in the end didn’t make the album. I understand why they wanted My Best Friend’s Girl as the penultimate track but there’s no reason Hero couldn’t have featured earlier on the album. I don’t think ‘they’ always picked the best album tracks (see Just Like The First Time and Human Touch).

20. He was twitching like he was off his face on e's and whizz at the end...

She predicted correctly. For herself and H at least.