Steps - Tears On The Dancefloor | Page 816 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steps - Tears On The Dancefloor

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by inoculatte, Dec 26, 2008.

1. I'm totally number 9 today dancing around my hotel room to the album!

My signed CD has arrived but I'm away in London for the rest of the weekend so I'm heading to HMV on Oxford Street to buy an extra copy as I need it in my hands today. Talk about a nostalgic trip down memory lane. It'll feel like the late 90s all over again as I haven't bought a CD in a shop for years.

The album is everything I wanted from them. I love every track but think Neon Blue would make a great single.

2. (I see Baxterclan has a rival in the avatar stakes! Your move!)

This album is all I ever wanted from Steps in 2017 - It's made me quite emotional hearing it in its entirety today. Marvellous and epic and lots of other positive adjectives!

3. Lisa verse in story of a heart makes me cry it's so sad

4. I was slightly worried to hear their take on I Will Love Again. That is the only one that feels like a cover to me as I am so familiar with the Lara Fabian and Dame Kelly Llorenna versions and it's always been one of my favourite songs but it's amazing, a real stomping sadbanger. I love in particular that Queen of Pop Lisa Scott Lee gets the opening verse.

5. itv+1?

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I really wished I liked this more than I did. Besides Scared & Story there's nothing here that keeps me coming back like It's The Way You Make Me Feel or Never Say Never Again back when I first got those albums.

7. Right, here I go. Signed CD arrived, first play....

8. Other than H almost knocking his mic stand over at one point...

Bookwormboy, Chips111 and Zamin like this.
  9. Would have been better with boy/girl vocals for sure.

tajd likes this.
  10. I'm sorry but firefly is awful it's the song on the album I'll always skip

11. Enjoying this album a lot, it's great to hear all their voices (but particularly Claire & Faye, of course) back on an album after all this time. A few of the songs (Happy, Firefly, You Make Me Whole) are a bit too 2011/2 sounding but Story of a Heart and Neon Blue are absolute stand-outs.

My ideal tour setlist:
    Scared of the Dark
    One For Sorrow (Tony Moran US Mix)
    You’ll Be Sorry
    I Will Love Again
    Chain Reaction

Deeper Shade of Blue
    Glitter & Gold
    You Make Me Whole
    Here and Now

It’s the Way You Make Me Feel
    Words are Not Enough
    Heartbeat
    Space Between Us
    Story of a Heart

5,6,7,8 (Shorter version)
    Summer of Love / Paradise Lost
    Firefly
    Love’s Got a Hold on My Heart

No More Tears on the Dancefloor
    Medley: Baby Don’t Dance / Better the Devil You Know /Better Best Forgotten / Last Thing on My Mind
    Neon Blue
    Stomp

Scared of the Dark (Reprise)
    Tragedy

12. Illegal upload
    Just Reported the video

13. Loved This Morning. They're on the form of their lives.

14. I've just signed up to this forum after reading all these posts and I want to join in this complete Steps excitement.

How friggin hot did Faye look on this morning?

My postman has not arrived with my CD yet - JUST GIVE ME WHAT I NEED

15. Scared of the Dark is at #19 and rising.

Come through kings and queens.

16. Story Of A Heart is glorious, love the beat when the chorus kicks in and Lisa's verse is stunning.

Stepsmatt, andru, tajd and 1 other person like this.
  17. ...those in glass houses

18. My least favourites would have to be You Make Me Whole and Firefly as they sound the most modern in that they don't have a chorus. I'm really not a fan of a song just repeating a word or two over and over again in place of a melody. It's a shame as Firefly in particular has great production and amazing verses and then... nothing. Hopefully it's a grower.