Still in Style: The 1989 Rate, Part 2 - Rate of stone | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still in Style: The 1989 Rate, Part 2 - Rate of stone

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by VivaForever, Apr 26, 2017.

1. iheartpoptarts likes this.
  2. @Jeffo, @letuinmybackdoor, @manloveuk, @mrdonut, @nanafan, @ohnoitisnathan

[​IMG]

You're receiving this tag because you previously participated or showed interest in the original 1989 rate and/or my Bananarate. How are you doing? Hope you're well. Anyway, since you're on Popjustice, why not rate some more amazing albums and singles from 1989? Details are in the first post.

Good luck, and don't fuck it up.

[​IMG]

3. @ohnostalgia, @Oleander, @OnlyYourLove, @P'NutButter, @phoenix123, @Push

[​IMG]

You're receiving this tag because you previously participated or showed interest in the original 1989 rate and/or my Bananarate. How are you doing? Hope you're well. Anyway, since you're on Popjustice, why not rate some more amazing albums and singles from 1989? Details are in the first post.

[​IMG]

Oleander and ohnostalgia like this.
  4. @RaggedTiger, @Ray, @Reboot, @Remorque, @Scoundrel_Days

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remorque likes this.
  5. @SmashHitter, @SophiaSophia, @Sprockrooster, @Terminus

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sprockrooster likes this.
  6. @Txetxu, @tylerc904, @unnameable, @WhatKindOfKylie?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Okay. I'll see what I can do.

VivaForever likes this.
  8. Excited for this! Just need to finish a few things with earlier deadlines and then I'll be here!

Terminus and VivaForever like this.
  9. 2014

2014 Moderator

I will give this a go, with my 11 probably going to one of the extras.

VivaForever likes this.
  10. I'm tempted but fear the end result will be depressing.

12. Will try my best - I also want to vote in the Janet singles rate so have to find some time. I'm disappointed I missed the Kylie/Paula/Janet/Cyndi first part of this (how anything rated lower than Act Of Contrition, I don't know!).

VivaForever likes this.
  13. Well now that I'm on summer break I do have time to do more rates. I'll give it a shot. I fully expect to give Queen Kate my 11 but with so many great artists, who knows what could happen.

VivaForever likes this.
  14. Tried rating my first album and Taylor ended up getting an album average of 8.85 so... I might need adjust my approach here.

Or maybe that'll stick because Can't Fight Fate remains amazing.

idratherjack likes this.
  15. Genuinely curious - question for our American friends!

Was the Can't Fight Fate era a big success? It (unjustly) completely flopped in the UK. I never even heard With Every Beat Of My Heart or I'll Be Your Shelter until years later when I got Taylor's greatest hits and loved them both instantly.

tylerc904 likes this.
  16. Wasn't she even getting number one singles in the US with stuff like Every Beat Of My Heart?

EDIT: Seems it was only Love Will Lead You Back that hit number one but she was going top five a lot still.

17. Taylor Dayne flopping in the UK after just 2 Top 10 singles is one of the biggest Popinjustices of all time.

18. Here are my stats:

Another Place and Time
    Average: 6,30
    Highest: 1x 9,0
    Lowest: 1x 4,0

Heart of Stone
    Average: 7,29
    Highest: 1x 10
    Lowest: 1x 5,0

Runaway Horses
    Average: 7,55

Can't Fight Fate
    Average: 7,40

Extra's
    Average: 7,46
    Highest: 2x 10
    Lowest: 1x 4,0

I didnot hand out many 10's, but those 10's were definitely in an other league. Did hand out more 9's and 8's than I normally do. Taylor Dane is my biggest discovery here!

19. Three weeks, gorls.

[​IMG]

ohnostalgia and idratherjack like this.
  20. I know most of these songs like the back of my hand so this won't take me too long to do. I have already listened to all the songs once so shall give my playlist one more listen before submitting my scores/commentary.

I always need the pressure of a deadline to get my arse in gear with these things but I will be taking part!