Strictly Come Dancing 2017 | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by NuhdeensPassport, Jul 3, 2017.

1. I wish they would just keep the AT for the females. Males celebrities rarely do it justice (although their female always sell the shit out of it to compensate, I'll admit) and it's usually easy free points for the male, which is unfortunate - whereas the female celebrities truly have to work on it.

2. I think the best Argentine Tango I've seen a celebrity do was Nicole Scherzinger & Derek. It was perfect!

3. And then there's the rumba, which usually works the other way - the male celebrities always get marked down because it's really hard for them to do it justice, and it's much easier for the female celebrities to do well with it.

4. Yes, I know what you mean. I do think it's easier for the female contenders, yes, as they know what a straight leg is dddddd.

Honestly, I feel like the judges hate the Rumba. I can't really think of Rumbas that were genuinely appreciated of the judges in the same way other dances are, even past seasons. If I look at last season's highest scores per disciplines, the Rumba actually has the lowest (35/40). All the other disciplines managed to have higher highs. When Frankie did her Rumba in season 12, she only got 34 and that was considered the highest.

Admitedly, in season 13, Jay managed a 39 Rumba right before the finals, but I think it's an anomaly more than anything.

londonrain likes this.
  5. This was absolutely off. the. scale.

timothy_b likes this.
  7. Can I add

baxterclan and phily693 like this.
  8. I know I seem like a huge stan for Rachel Stevens (when she makes pop as good as she does, who wouldn't be?) but her Rumba has to be one of the best for me. And it came at the right time for her, I think she had just been in the B2 and this just showed why she was so incredible.

baxterclan and londonrain like this.
  9. There have been other rumbas scored that high, but it is the only dance style in Strictly never to have received a 40.

londonrain likes this.
  10. I Gotta Feeling last week and Firework this week?

The tango is getting a butchering with the song choices this year.

JMRGBY88 and phily693 like this.
  11. 2014

2014 Moderator

Fleur's Breakfast soundtracking Joe's VT? Yas!

londonrain and phily693 like this.
  12. The judges delivering Ruth the kiss of death, I see.

londonrain, baxterclan and Leo1977 like this.
  13. I wish they'd not only shut up about Blackpool but ditch the Blackpool week altogether. The sound is usually terrible.

14. Get that coin Amelia Lily.

15. Woah. I thought Gemma was sensational. Shocked by the judges.

16. Really? I thought it was a bit disappointing.

londonrain likes this.
  17. 28 is actually the score it deserves. The comments might have sounded a bit harsh, but the scores were perfectly adequate in my opinion.

londonrain likes this.
  18. Ah it's a shame, Alexandra's faffing and losing a lot of time with all the stairs-ography.

The actual AT looks decent.

19. You just knew Alexandra's Argentine Tango was going to be amazing.

londonrain likes this.
  20. Upset Mollie breaks my heart.

Utopia and diamondliam like this.