Suggestion about new accounts | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion about new accounts

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by strangekin, Aug 3, 2017.

1. If possible, I think new members should be blocked from posting in Off Topic for a period of time after they join (say, 3-6 months). Prove you can post in the other sub-forums properly, then join in on the mess of Off Topic.

It would significantly help with all the recent troll/brand new accounts immediately storming into Random Thoughts. Because lets face it, these accounts are very likely members who have had previous banned accounts and are possibly the same person.

Just an idea, but I think it could be good since I don't think members should particularly be allowed to join only to post in Off Topic either, much like banning single-artist focused accounts.

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Not sure how to handle it technically but the idea seems fair. Noone does/should register on a popforum to mainly join in on the off topic part right?
    It's like the cafetaria of this place to hang out and catch up in between the main purpose we're all here for.

3. I would suggest a smaller amount of time (like, say, a month), if only because requiring much longer than that might perpetuate that "clique in force" reputation that we have to deal with from time to time. Or maybe requiring a month after approval PLUS reaching a certain post count in the other sub-forums.

Andy French and Slice of Life like this.