Susanne Sundfør – Music for People in Trouble (5th album) | Page 20 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Susanne Sundfør – Music for People in Trouble (5th album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by A&E, Oct 22, 2014.

1. My vinyl has been dispatched today, and I can't wait. Also, a bit of a surprise as it was only due to be released on the 29th September.
  2. If any of you girls have the vinyl, feel free to upload a pic/tell me if it's pretty.
  3. I sold a copy of this to a customer today, so...GET THAT SECOND WEEK IN THE TOP 100 SUSANNE!
  4. Ok but why is this absolute gem missing from your list?

But seriously @Slice of Life, just listen to everything Susanne has released. You won't regret it!
    LE0Night, sugarcoma and Slice of Life like this.
  5. Pye

Ok I have to admit I have now totally fallen in love with this album. Yay, for cold nights, warm fire and a bottle of white......... and of course 'Music For People In Trouble'.
    Oleander and londonrain like this.
  6. Seeing her live tonight. Kill me with sadness my queen.
    He, Oleander and londonrain like this.
  7. That voice live was just... wow.

She was quite the personality as well. She was able to inject a lot of warmth and comedy into these dark, dark songs with how she talked about them, and even in her performances in a sense that almost echoed musical theatre.

"This next song is called Good Luck, Bad Luck... it's about a douchebag."

And at the end for her encore somebody shouted what everybody was thinking and wishing:

"Ten love songs! All of them!"

I also made quite an idiot of myself by not noticing the sign clearly stating "On Susanne's request, please keep your phones in your pockets. Kindly do not film or photo this event.", until I was leaving... I thought it was quite weird how nobody else took any photos. Oops.
  8. He

She was amazing in Amsterdam too.

The setting was gorgeous as well.

I wish she did more songs from the new album though, it’s so good.

The good sis is so funny as well. After returning for the encore: you thought I was leaving? I just had to go to the toilet. Now I have nothing else to do.
    Euphoria, Kuhleezi and Slice of Life like this.
  9. Did she not do any of them?
  10. Nope. She replied "Ehehe... I can't do that.".
  11. What was the setlist?

Not doing anything from 10 Love Songs is....a choice.
  12. I can understand her being annoyed that people would only focus on that album when she has at least three other masterpieces under her belt (including a brand new album). I mean, Ten Love Songs is really good but it's not her only album nor her "obvious" peak, contrary to what a lot of people seem to think (I'm not talking about PJ specifically, it's a broader phenomenon).

Ignoring it completely is a bit extreme though, but she's not the first artist to do that. She'll get back to it eventually.
    tobyboat likes this.
  13. He

I think this is a piano / guitar only tour. She played in a church when I saw her, so I understand Ten Love Songs getting the shaft.

I could would have settled for the new album in full; it is that good.
    Humanracin likes this.
  14. Why are we not talking about this 11/10 performance?!

15. Also, this is just as incredible. What a talent.

16. No One Believes In Love Anymore is THAT top-notch #depression bop. She DID that.
  17. Is there a complete list of non album tracks/ features she has been on or is the Wikipedia list actually definitive?
    tobyboat and LeBratt like this.

18. The piano on that song is just devastating, that melody just pulls at my heartstrings...and her voice on this album, my god. I really feel like she is such a talented musician.
    Euphoria, tobyboat and Joanie like this.
  19. Undercover, undoubtedly one of the best songs of the year, is competing in the extras section for the Indie Girls 2017 Rate. Support the good sis!

the full album just missed the cut unfortunately.