Taylor Swift - reputation (6th Album) | Page 925 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taylor Swift - reputation (6th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sexercise, May 5, 2017.

1. Beautifully shot, but it’s about as interesting as the song. i.e. not very

2. Wonderfully shot (the first chorus on the beach against the fireworks and the second on the streets of London, in particular) and I'd agree something about the spliced up editing throughout does sort of help in making the run-time feel a little less sluggish. Oh, and sis is looking absolutely snatched during her verse.

The scenes with Ed and Future were... pretty much exactly what I expected from scenes of her with Ed and Future.

Probably my favourite of the videos for this era.

3. Yeah, I think it's pretty deniable too. I have no regrets about slapping the song with a 3 in the Big Pop Girl's 2017 Rate.

Hitchcock likes this.
  4. Well, it's pretty.

5. End Game is the kind of ruthless, shameless earworm one wishes to despise but constantly finds themselves bobbing along to.

alanmr, Florencia., Meathook and 3 others like this.
  6. The dog at 3:56 is such a pop video icon!

Despite myself, I really like the video over-all. I made a joke about this era being "joyless" so far but I think the video had a great balance of spectacle and fun. I'm also a sucker for a glossy, big-budget pop video. My only complaints are the song is trash and every other shot is *everyone holds a glass up.*

mseilenga and Vasilios like this.
  7. The one thing I can truly do without is her attempt at popping and locking in the earliest seconds.

She just doesn’t have the range.

8. Well it certainly makes the Ready For It video far more interesting in comparison.

Noir likes this.
  9. Yeah, it's more like "my end game is alcoholism".

alanmr, Meathook, kal and 6 others like this.
  10. [​IMG]

11. Phaedra @lushLuck Parks did. This is one of the most dull videos I’ve seen in ages. It’s Hilary Duff’s Wake Up with seven times the budget but none of the joy or energy.

12. Nope. It doesn't even qualify as 'so bad it's good'. It's just a giant musical shrug of the shoulders, like almost everything else Ed Sheeran has contributed to recently.

Hitchcock and lushLuck like this.
  13. I said what I said.

alanmr, Florencia., stuaw and 3 others like this.
  14. There is something very early-mid 2000s about it. Although the exterior yacht shots reminded me of The Lonely Island and I couldn’t help screaming a little bit inside.

15. Reputation has now crossed the 3M mark worldwide.

16. The video is boring, but at least I can find a few redeeming elements to it, unlike the song, which is simply bad.

mseilenga likes this.
  17. boooringg

18. Okay yeah, that was pretty boring. But maybe that’s because I just don’t find Taylor interesting as a person. If this was Beyoncé in all these different locations, having fun and getting drunk with her dancers (XO, Drunk in Love, Blow), I imagine i’d be into it. So I’m happy to let the Swifties enjoy this one.

Charmander and stuaw like this.
  19. I feel like some of y’all would be snoozers to party with.

alanmr, Florencia., stuaw and 9 others like this.
  20. This is the 2017 version of her 22 music video except this time instead of holding sparklers she's drinking all types of alcohol all over the world. Some of her outfits are so pretty though.

alanmr, Florencia., stuaw and 7 others like this.