Taylor Swift - reputation (6th Album) | Page 928 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taylor Swift - reputation (6th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sexercise, May 5, 2017.

1. I mean, it is her lowest rated album* on metacritic by 1 point but I don’t really see the lack of longevity everyone keeps talking about. It literally hasn’t left the top 3 on billboard since release, and spent more time at the top initially than Speak Now (and the same number of weeks at #1 through this time in 2011). Overall it’s performing very similarly to Speak Now and Red, not every album is going to sell like Fearless or 1989.

*her debut isn’t on metacritic which certainly would be the lowest by a country mile.

Florencia. and Ashling92 like this.
  2. I dunno, with its echoes of Antonioni and classic hip hop, perhaps it's merely my kind of hedonism.

3. I was talking about “Look” falling so quickly that it didn't go recurrent and the quickness these single campaigns are moving at.

It's not even been 5 months and she's basically had technically 4~ singles (this dual single release was so.... odd of a choice). Even if we say she's only had three singles, it's just odd how quickly the wick is burning on this campaign compared to some others.

I mean, three singles lasted an album like Dangerous Woman a good 11 months. There's a lot of similarities to Anti with the regional single release and a pop star's aversion to promo, and even then, Anti comes out with much better longevity for its singles with Work to Needed Me to Love On The Brain spanning over a year. Even compared to Taylor's previous campaigns. Shake It Off came out in early August and Style didn't even come until February, while it's possible, in January, we're already seeing the tail-end of End Game.

Rainbow Trousers likes this.
  4. While I don't dislike the song, the video only got likeable once it reached London. I don't know if it was actually endearing or if it just evoked nice memories for me, but that bit was nice.

She's never looked better than with the extensions and the green sparkly top. I stan that.

Otherwise...yeah, ok?

Ed has looked...better than his Tokyo scenes. 16 year old me in a club teas.

5. Oh I agree that singles wise the longevity hasn’t been there, which is why I compared this era’s performance to Speak Now. In both eras the singles debuts were usually their peaks and radio was slightly more cool to her than in other eras. That being said, End Game has spent a few weeks in the top 40 before the video was even released so I could still see it being a pretty good sized hit for her depending how things go at radio the next couple of days.

Florencia. and Sanctuary like this.
  6. All that money, all those locations...for that.

Embarrassing (again).

7. The video is good-ish to me but I miss Taylor having fun with her music.

Everything is just so bloody serious this era so far that I actually feel drained watching the videos/performances.

Bring back Taylor who injected life in to her eras.

Oh wait, she's dead. I forgot.

CarlysAngel likes this.
  8. I mean - me. But I don't necessarily wish her well, so...

All true.

9. RJF

RJF

I honestly just find her... utterly repulsive. The video does nothing to change that.

K94, NotAPassenger, Ddarko77 and 8 others like this.
  10. “End Game” is still the cute Fifth Harmony summer jawn that wasn’t.

K94 likes this.
  11. Which should come as zero surprise for an artist who built her following on country-pop with emotional depth and clever turns of phrase.

This new sound and image is effectively antimatter from that standpoint. No one's gonna be crying in their bedroom at two in the morning to End Game and LWYMMD. Well...not for the right reasons at least.

12. Eww Michelle

13. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

I mean...Fifth Harmony have taste so no

14. They were sitting on this and released Down as their lead single....so do they really?

justFurio likes this.
  15. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

It's still better than anything on Reputation [​IMG]

16. No song in their discography is touching Delicate or Getaway Car but my post was also a joke ddd.

Noblesse, Florencia., Falcon and 5 others like this.
  17. Down is a passable basic bop that is an abysmal single choice and is pretty much the reason why their career is borderline finished. Wasting the minimal hype they had on a shitty retread of their previous hit with no consistent promo & bizarre handling by their label was fucking stupid.

He Like That is a bop that would work well on radio. It would've been perfect as a lead single.
    There are at least 2 songs on Reputation that are better than anything Fifth Harmony ever has & will release and that's the tea.

Edit: Nn I thought this was happening in the 5H thread. Excuse the mini rant.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Noblesse, Florencia., enjoy and 6 others like this.
  18. Jesus christ are we actually comparing 5H to Delicate and Getaway Car

19. I really dislike Taylor, but Down is by no means better than the strongest stuff on reputation.

Falcon and Ashling92 like this.
  20. I thought the video was glossy and lush. Watching it made me wanna pour myself a mimosa, wear my best clothes and meet my hunties.

Im also quite fond of the song now. I dig the steady percussion and mid 00's urban vibe shes serving. Reminds me a little of 'Umbrella'. I also don't hate Future's verse... or Ed's.

alanmr, Florencia., stuaw and 3 others like this.