The 10 Plagues of Lillieth: The Pokemon Gen VII Rate - WINNER! | Page 23 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 10 Plagues of Lillieth: The Pokemon Gen VII Rate - WINNER!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by digitalkaiser, Dec 27, 2017.

?

How would you like Pokemon eliminations to unfold?

1. All eliminations mixed together!

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Alolan Forms eliminated first, the rest eliminated second!

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. I cannot people dragging the immaculate klefki into this...
    [​IMG]

comfey WISHES

Rem, Right Here, stuaw and 6 others like this.
  2. DDDD iconic write up buuuuuuuuutt no one is attacking cute or beautiful Pokemon in any of these rates are you serious? On MY popjustice?
    My constant champion of early eliminated cool/tough and useful Pokemon over 6 rates would like a word, and so would this top 20 in the master list save for a select few outliers;

[​IMG]

3. Great write-up @soratami. We love some subtle rate promo. [​IMG]

Speaking of the upcoming rate, we've been throwing around ideas for a name which has proven to be a bit tricky given that it is a hybrid rate of sorts. I'm going to post the ideas we have so far and if you guys could pick which one you like best or give a new suggestion, that would be much appreciated.

Pokémon GLE4CTCIK* Rate
    (*Gym Leader, Elite 4, Champion, Trial Captain & Island Kahuna)
    Pokémon VIPs Rate
    Pokémon VITs Rate (Very Important Trainers)
    Pokémon Characters Rate

And for now for two I just came up with:

I'm Only Human: Pokémon Characters/Trainers Rate
    Are We Human Or Are We PokéMonster? The Pokémon Characters/Trainers Rate

Thanks again!

[​IMG]

4. Confession time. I used to not like Charjabug either but it grew on me over time. It is lowkey a body positive icon. Yes, she may look like a battery/bus/train/literal box but she doesn't care. She owns that boxy body shape. Why do I feel like this is something @Rommers would say? Ddddddddd

Rommers, Cassava, soratami and 3 others like this.
  5. I think "pokemon trainers rate" will be fine. General is always good, and it's not like we'll be confusing it for any other rate.

6. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Cute mascot type Pokémon don't tend to do very well (Dedenne didn't even make top 100 in the last rate), but of course there are some exceptions.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  8. [​IMG]

Rem, XXX, Right Here and 6 others like this.
  9. We love underrated icons

[​IMG]

Oleander, Rem, madeofghosts and 9 others like this.
  10. [​IMG]
    69a. Celesteela
    Average: 5.1625

11s: -
    10s
    : Oleander, eliminathan, Cassava
    0s
    : send photo, Spiral, XXX, that boy is a monster, Daniel!, diamondliam
    -1s
    : Right Here
    Winning Guess
    : -

Chris_P's score: 8
    digitalkaiser's score: 2

digitalkaiser:
    Aw, my co-host has questions? What is this? What does it do?
    It is three bunches of bamboo sticks, except they are made out of steel. Being bamboo sticks means they are associated with the element of air because flutes, which in turn leads to them being flying type, floating apart from each other while remaining a single being, and being designed as a rocket. The extra wonderful thing is that it is decorated more like a princess than a vehicle, it has that tribal vibe going for it. It also looks like a temple to me. I like how its name plays on its typing, and how it also has access to fire type TMs because rocket.
    I do kind of wish it was part-grass type since it is a plant according to in-game lore and it also learns so many grass type moves.
    It is essentially a ten (not an eleven, because, yes, it is a bold move to be three separate things, but come on), which I only reduced to an 8, because of course it has nothing to do with Pokémon. It is probably something an employee brought with him after changing jobs from Studio Ghibli.

Stradiwhovius:
    Well, I can't say I do, but at least it's fabulous?

_hazzie_:
    rakija:
    Rommers:
    Cassava:
    So what y'all are saying is that talent always wins. Can't disagree with that.

Some spotted the Ghibli influence too:

Blank:
    eliminathan:
    YES IT SHOULD. The rest of you are simply wrong:

Xanax:
    send photo:
    LukePreston:
    You all also cause no reaction from me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Number, Remorque, Right Here and 16 others like this.
  11. [​IMG]
    69b. Morelull
    Average: 5.1625

11s: -
    10s
    : Xanax
    0s
    -1s
    Winning Guess

Chris_P's score: 6.5
    digitalkaiser's score: 2

What a sweet little cutie. I want a lamp for my bedroom that is Morelull shaped.
    Ah, just looking at it makes me happy.
    A Nightmare In Wonderland [Alice/Christmas mash-up] tea.

Cassava:
    Shiinotic:
    Tea can do that.

rakija:
    Relatable too, eh?

"A nocturnal Pokémon, Morelull moves every night to a new location."

[​IMG]

OH MY GOD I WANT TO LIVE WITH THEM

digitalkaiser:
    Never before have you been so wrong about anything.

Xanax:
    Blank:
    eliminathan:
    That's right, praise ha! She's an inspiration:

Rommers:
    Stradiwhovius:
    The best one yet though?

LukePreston:
    Except for much cuteness which you supposedly love though? Shame.

She should drop the fucking grass type though. Enough with the grass type mushrooms, they are not plants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Number, Remorque, Right Here and 15 others like this.
  12. Wait, I just noticed that the head looks like a baby octopus if you turn it upside down.... Yeah.

13. Inkay, ha everlasting impact.

14. Celesteela being based on Princess Kaguya is kind of iconic. Wish they'd saved that for a proper line (baby Kaguya in a bamboo stalk, a middle stage that starts showing rocket elements and then adult Kaguya/rocket/bamboo extravaganza) and not an UB though.

15. When you actually know about Kaguya from Okami but want to keep up appearances.

[​IMG]

At first I thought it was just a Katana cutting through bamboo and was meant to be a samurai reference so I hated that both it and Kartana existed at the same time. Then it clicked at one point that it's clearly a princess in the middle with the weave and the dress and I understood. What a wasted opportunity for a mon though Kaguya would have been a good femme grass starter.

Chris_P, Oleander and soratami like this.
  16. Well, Okami was actually released like 7 years before the Ghibli movie. Anything related to Japanese folklore always ends up reminding me of it too.

Chris_P, Oleander and eliminathan like this.
  17. Ooh, we should have a Ghibli rate!

18. Well, well, well...

[​IMG]

I dissaprove this. I see you...

19. They covered a lot of mythological ground in Okami what a bop of a game and story.

20. The amount of 10s.

[​IMG]

Like I don't even know who would get my 11. I mean Totoro has an advantage because I bought a bag with him on it a while back due to being a massive fan and Spirited Away was my first Ghibli film so all those characters also have a leg up as well but so many of the characters are excellent.