The 60s-00s Girl Band Debut / Breakthrough Rate is here! Week 1/4 down (voting closes March 13) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 60s-00s Girl Band Debut / Breakthrough Rate is here! Week 1/4 down (voting closes March 13)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by berserkboi, Feb 12, 2018.

1. I know @DJHazey covered Solid Harmonie and Mini Viva in his girl groups rate. I can’t remember if Cleopatra made it, though.

DJHazey, Mvnl and berserkboi like this.
  2. Let them have their time in the sun, the others have had a chance ;)

This is PopJustice after all :)

Mvnl and londonrain like this.
  3. What is defined as a "troll vote"?

Untouchable Ace and berserkboi like this.
  4. Bardot included but not Toto Coelo? That was a choice.

5. I'd say something with really low scores for one era alone?

6. If I participate, that might happen to me with the 00s.

berserkboi likes this.
  7. What is Toto Coelo and how big were they?

Would you and @Mvnl be interested in doing a little write-up as we get going for the girl bands you would have included? Happy to give you the floor once the reveals start at certain points?

8. Would they be obscenely different from the other era without any exception though? The Sugababes and Dixie Chicks are on the 00s list for your more subversive sounds...

9. The ’00s will have its stans. It’s the ’70s I expect to really suffer in this rate...

berserkboi likes this.
  10. Once I finish the Steps rate, this will be next on my radar.

11. No tag despite me being one of the biggest girl group stans? How dare you. Excited for this though and slightly scared. Will definitely vote though.

12. Sorry my love, I forgot!

Here it is with someone else I also criminally forgot to tag to stan the R&B tracks!

@GhettoPrincess
    @Robsolete
    @KingBruno

13. So freakin excited to do this one!

tumblr_lxcopy3X6E1qkx3eio9_r1_250.gif

14. Can you include the debut single Flatline from this girlgroup called MKS?

Riiiiiiiii and berserkboi like this.
  15. This will be fun, I've never even heard of about a third of these! Looking forward to some great discoveries!

londonrain and berserkboi like this.
  16. I love an obvious winner but that was released post 2009, unfortunately :(

londonrain and Untouchable Ace like this.
  17. I'm actually really stumped. There are about 3 Spice Girls songs that would be a shoe-in for my 11, literally 5 that would be for Atomic Kitten, maybe 10 for Sugababes and Girls Aloud...

But out of everything here, I genuinely have no idea what to give it to because none of these songs are my favorite from the respective girl group (with the exception of maybe The Veronicas/t.A.T.u)

18. I know what you mean! Most obviously for me this applies to All Saints, TLC and Atomic Kitten

I will do a bit about 'other notable' songs by act as they get eliminated. Also, maybe a follow up on 'signature songs' (imagine the mess) is in order?

EDIT - Apostrophes in the wrong area are WRONG!

19. Wow, looking over that list again, I think I don't know any of the 70s songs. I haven't even heard of most of those bands.

berserkboi likes this.