The 90's Billboard #1's Rate (1995-1999): #71 - Chickity China the Chinese Chicken does not approve | Page 49 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 90's Billboard #1's Rate (1995-1999): #71 - Chickity China the Chinese Chicken does not approve

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Ironheade, Mar 3, 2018.

1. I love DJ Khaled!

2. Puff Daddy isn't a bad producer though. He played a large role in Mariah's transition to a defining R&B and hip hop artist – without his presence Butterfly wouldn't have been the same. Even though "The Roof" is my favourite of the album, "Honey" and "Breakdown" are arguebly the most quintessence on there and he played a large role in the creation of these.

K94, londonrain and soratami like this.
  3. Bad Boy For Life still pops as well

4. Just sayin', you guys should be happy I didn't vote in this rate. Bryan Adams would have been a sure 10. I am not kidding.

And if your vote contributed to I'll Be Missing You not being the first one out, you are part of the problem, not the solution.

berserkboi and Filippa like this.
  5. [QUOTE="DominoDancing, post: 6099152, member: 711" ]ust sayin', you guys should be happy I didn't vote in this rate. Bryan Adams would have been a sure 10.[/QUOTE]
    How could you say that I'm not glad you didn't vote?
    Hmm?

DominoDancing and berserkboi like this.
  6. You're the exception to the rule! I know you've fought the good fight for Mr. Adams!

Filippa and berserkboi like this.
  7. Would i'll be missing you hate been your only zero?

DominoDancing likes this.
  8. Not so sure. There are a couple of songs here I don't know and never listened to (since I knew that I wouldn't be able to do the rate time-wise). But I'll Be Missing You would have been the zeroest of zeroes. It would have been my Minus One.

Filippa and berserkboi like this.
  9. I don’t like I’ll be missing you. It’s not that I don’t think that Puffy wasn’t upset that Biggie had died, but the whole thing, much like with the Candle in the Wind redo absolutely reeks of ambulance chasing cynicism. If you loved Biggie and were upset he died, why wouldn’t you listen to his actual records, rather than a sentimental faux sobalong?

Filippa and DominoDancing like this.
  10. Does this dislike of songs pushed out after a death extend to 'Tha Crossroads'?

A$AP Robbie and Riiiiiiiii like this.
  11. I certainly hope so!

12. Ok but Mambo No.5 and the fucking Macarena are still in this rate, let's lay off the hip hop for a while.

əʊæ and Mike like this.
  13. Los Del Rate-O - let's get in formation!!

Ray, WowWowWowWow and Blond like this.
  14. "Let's get rid of all the male acts, except the two middle aged blokes singing gibberish in Spanish!"

Absolute state of it.

Hudweiser and Mina like this.
  15. Los del Rateo vs. Los del Cero.
    I wonder who'll win (and how we'll judge what a 'win' is in this scenario)?

Filippa, WowWowWowWow and berserkboi like this.
  16. The audacity of you using this reference, given your score for Formation in the last Winners’ Rate.

ohnostalgia, Mina and berserkboi like this.
  17. Is anything you don't understand gibberish or just this? I am sure it makes sense to those who understands the language (though might be non-sensical, I see your point)

Ray likes this.
  18. Hmmmmm that reference pre-dates Miss Bey (although you'd be hard to believe the world existed before her in the PopJustice forum)! Lol, Queen Bey indeed!

19. In fairness, the translation is roughly

“Give happiness to your body, Macarena
    'cause your body is for giving happiness and nice things to
    Give happiness to your body, Macarena
    HEYYYYYYY MACARENA AIII!”

so “gibberish” is a reasonable description.

K94, əʊæ, Filippa and 3 others like this.
  20. Yep, nonsense confirmed! Still a bop and a half (yeah!)

londonrain likes this.