The 90's Billboard #1s Rate: Part 1 (1990-1994 - FOUR WEEKS TO GET YOUR VOTES IN!) | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 90's Billboard #1s Rate: Part 1 (1990-1994 - FOUR WEEKS TO GET YOUR VOTES IN!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Ironheade, Nov 6, 2017.

1. I would have an essay for Cold Hearted Snake or would just post the lipsync battle betwwen Alyysa and Coco Montrese... Decisions, decisions....

2. Why have I never heard that George Michael song before? Did it tank in the UK?

3. No, it went to #6 in the UK. It did get somewhat eclipsed by Freedom '90 in the public consciousness afterwards, though...

Eric Generic and phoenix123 like this.
  4. The original version of I'm
    Your Baby Tonight is much much better than the Euro Mix...
    And that's the version that's battling it out for my 11.

WHENEVERYOUREREADYJUSTCALLONMEBABYANDILL
    BE
    YOUR
    BABY
    TONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

Ray and londonrain like this.
  5. Why do I think she did a duet of this song with fucking UB40? Please tell me this was some nightmare I had.

londonrain likes this.
  6. You need better nightmares.

Terminus likes this.
  7. Maybe you are thinking of this? (or maybe I missed a joke ..)

8. Oh it was this.

londonrain likes this.
  9. I really didn't want to know what a 'Timmy T' was. Yikes.

*shuffle changes song*

YAS, Ace of Base save me from this!

Terminus and londonrain like this.
  10. And just like that, Mariah now has two 10s from me.

[​IMG]

#ImNotPureEvilAfterAll

11. It's a scientifically proven fact that people who dislike The Promise of a New Day actually have no promise left in their new days.

12. [​IMG]

Jeffo, Ray and londonrain like this.
  13. Looked at the list again and I know so many songs this should be easy so will get off my lazy bum and attempt it before the VETOing of the next PJ00 round starts. So far counting 8 10s (including 3 potential 11s) on the list. I know some of you will probably do a couple of my 10s wrong so wondering whether tanking songs or enjoying them on their merit is the way to go....

[​IMG]

londonrain likes this.
  14. I’m sure we’ll share several 10s, so don’t you dare tank any of my faves! You might as well just enjoy the songs on their own merit... trust me, you’ll probably end up with a couple of zeroes anyway.

berserkboi likes this.
  15. 9 x 10s (inc. the 11) and 3 x 0s. Mariah got one of the 10s.

londonrain likes this.
  16. You're going to really hate me when the scores are revealed.

17. Who says I don't already?

[​IMG]

londonrain and DJHazey like this.
  18. If this actually was still the early 90s, I'd definitely have given Mariah 1.

(Lame joke for the #straightladsofpopjustice).

londonrain, Ray and Ironheade like this.
  19. I heard the Christmas cracker people were hiring.

londonrain, Ray and Eric Generic like this.
  20. Strange that Mariah's only UK No. 1's either didn't bother the top spot Stateside or weren't even released there. And were both cover versions.

londonrain and Eric Generic like this.