The Bargain Thread | Page 123 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bargain Thread

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by multimediac17, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Blimey, some of those offers are insane!

2. But when you add the £7 postage, less so... but as said on the last page, if you buy a few things, it's better value!

3. A £64 set down to a tenner....even with the postage, that's some deal. I may look at getting a couple of things.

4. Rats, the £64 set is sold out, and the other three I'd be interested in say "More stock coming soon". Hmmm.

5. Fuck! Missed the ABBA box again!

I did buy the Underworld box for my bruv, the extortionately overpriced Grace box which is now reasonably priced and the Ultravox coloured vinyls.

Booo to the ABBA being sold out!

Eric Generic likes this.
  6. So I got Underworld and James box sets £26.95 for both seems like a fab deal to me! - although it just says: More stock coming soon - so will see if/when they arrive!

Eric Generic likes this.
  7. Keep us posted! I have used the site before, for a Sparkle In The Rain SDE, I think. The packaging was superb.

8. Wow!
    I paid £40 for that James set....

9. For £7 P&P I would expect it to be hand-delivered in a box of Jim Kerr's hair.

ModeRed, Humanracin and Eric Generic like this.
  10. Ha, I think it was more like 2.50 or something, the box was 14.99 and I was charged about 17 or 18 quid.

Lazarus likes this.
  11. I wanted that Maroon 5 boxset and it won't let me add it to the basket...

12. Good.

ModeRed, trussy74, Bleu Noir and 6 others like this.
  13. I ordered the Grace Jones and Lana Deluxe CDs, thanks for the link.

Eric Generic likes this.
  14. For a second, I read Lana Deluxe and thought I'd missed the Honeymoon boxset or something...haha...it's the Ultraviolet CD with extra tracks....phew....

Humanracin likes this.
  15. Yeah I only bought the standard version at the time, so deluxe CD for 5 pounds is a good price.
    I was surprised that their shipping to Australia was cheaper than Amazons!

Eric Generic likes this.
  16. I think with anything that is truly sold out they won't let you complete check out - that happened to me last night with the Marvin Gaye box set, was able to add it to my basket but couldn't get further. Once I removed it I was able to buy the other items even though all now say "more stock coming soon"

Eric Generic likes this.
  17. Thanks for this, it is much appreciated! There are some really good £10 deluxe sets so I picked up Grace Jones, The Saturdays and Years & Years sets, all stuff I was interested in but wasn't willing to pay £30 and upwards for each one. Bargains indeed!

(Although when I ordered them every item was listed as 'more stock coming soon' so I hope that I'm not going to get an disappointing email in the near future)

nnnumb and Eric Generic like this.
  18. Was in the local charity shop and found Encore Best Of Rod Stewart 2 for £1. Thought that was a great bargain. Been looking for some of the single edits for a while.

Eric Generic likes this.
  19. Oooh, I have been after that for YEARS!!! I bought downloads of those edits, but the damn things were corrupted.

20. 20% off the prices of all pre-owned CDs,DVDs,blu-rays,books & games at the Music Magpie site until the end of the Easter bank holiday weekend at 11.59pm on Monday 17th April.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017