The Beguiled (New Sofia Coppola Film) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Beguiled (New Sofia Coppola Film)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by MYCAL, Apr 1, 2017.

1. New film by Sofia Coppola, starring Colin Farrell, Nicole Kidman, Kirsten Dunst, and Elle Fanning. Based on the novel A Painted Devil by Thomas Cullinan.

Released on June 23 in the UK.

flapjack-, junglefish, Food and 3 others like this.
  2. Oh my, this looks wonderful.

3. I can't wait to be obsessed with this forever.

Sick Sad World and Food like this.
  4. I've been keeping my eye on this one, the original with Clint is already perfection, I can't wait to see what Coppola gives us from the same material.

5. Yeah this looks incredible. Sofia is as hit-or-miss as one comes, but goodness knows there's no filmmaker that gets me as hyped up with trailers. Really hope the full film is as good.

6. "Bring me the anatomy book."

I. am. dead.

7. There's no film I'm more excited for in 2017.

8. I'm still gutted she dropped out of making that mermaid film.

-
    woah, just watched those two trailers. KIRSTEN DUNST!

9. Makes me even more excited... Though they are slowly sliding into the "give too much away" trap many trailer editiors fall in to.

10. I lowkey wish I hadn't watched that, gave far too much away. Still looks flawless.

lushLuck likes this.
  11. I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that Sofia, one of my favourite directors, is teaming up with Kirsten - although a given - and Nicole, two of my favourite actresses. Dream collaboration, much? The trailer obviously looks divine. Fingers crossed the actual movie is brilliant too and not this year's Cannes turd.

(Kirsten is probably, nay definitely, one of the most underrated actresses of her generation and long overdue a renaissance, if you ask me.)

12. Way too much given away but looks pretty awesome. The Others meets Virgin Suicides. Colin Farrell though, ewwww.

13. Kiki and Nicole's accents are in entirely different galaxies, it seems, but this film looks amazing. I'm ready.

lushLuck likes this.
  14. this is already my favorite film of her.

ephemeralartery likes this.
  15. Good God I love Kirsten Dunst. And Nicole. This film could be a fucking treat.

Mister_G, Joe. and lushLuck like this.
  16. I live for Sofia Coppola movies. I LOVED Marie Antoinette.

17. I can't wait to watch this. It's great to see Kirsten Dunst and Sofia Coppola working together again. I'm also a big fan of Elle Fanning and Nicole Kidman.

She hasn't made a bad film. The Virgin Suicides and Somewhere are my favourites. The Bling Ring is underrated and doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

lushLuck likes this.
  18. Beguiled seems like a departure for her. There's probably more dialogue in the trailer than the whole of Lost In Translation of Marie Antoinette. Something I love about her direction is that it seems so observational and all the storytelling comes across in the actors' movements and facial expressions. This probably the reason why so many people have difficulties enjoying her films, but I love subtle film making that leaves you to make up your own mind on what is happening, etc.

19. Putting in a pin in that. Always a fan of Kirsten Dunst.

Joe. likes this.
  20. Kirsten Dunst is, for me, one of the best actresses out there. Hugely underrated, incredible range, and a really strong filmography. I would probably shed a tear if she could manage an Oscar nomination from this.

I'm still bummed that Gaga beat her to the Golden Globe with a performance that she didn't even get an Emmy Nomination for.