■□ The Boy Group Debut Singles Rate □■ ☆ 60TH PLACE ☆ | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

■□ The Boy Group Debut Singles Rate □■ ☆ 60TH PLACE ☆

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by karmarisma, Oct 16, 2017.

1. I've been wanting one for ages months! Yesh...

@karmarisma , I will do my best to get this done....

2. Feel free to send your commentary in on the weekend! I probably won't start posting anything until halfway anything next week because I'm quite packed atm.

Definitely! I'll extend the deadline a bit to this weekend :D
    You have till this weekend so hopefully that'll be plenty of time (and at worst start of next week)

3. HELLO UNNIES

LET ME GIVE YOU ALL A SLIGHT EXTENSION BECAUSE THERE ARE A LOT OF RATES HAPPENING AND EVERYONE I'M SURE IS VERY BUSY! (And I am also not catching a break at work at the moment)

EXTENDED TO DUE DATE: 22ND JANUARY
    THAT MEANS 3-4 MORE DAYS

4. YATH this is such a life saving extension! My week has been cray, but I'll for sure have time this weekend to listen to some of this trash. I am almost done with the Infamous Nugus section and MY GOD it's ALL bad.

karmarisma likes this.
  5. Finished my scores. There's three songs I haven't provided any commentary on, so I'll get that finished tomorrow.

karmarisma likes this.
  6. Submitted my ballot.

7. She's in

Problematic Legends - 4.87 (8x1 ; 2x1)
    National Icons - 6.00 (10x1 ; 0x1)
    Infamous Nugus - 5.81 (10x1 ; 0x2)
    Sole Survivors - 6.56 (9x1 ; 2.5x1)
    Hunger Games - 7.96 (10x2 ; 4.5x1)
    Archangels of The New Wave - 7.33 (10x1 ; 5x1)

8. Wow, same sis.

9. Submitted and I don't think my psyche will ever recover.
    [​IMG]

Problematic Legends - 5.5 (7x1 ; 4x1)
    National Icons - 6.59 (10x2 ; 2x1)
    Infamous Nugus - 4.78 (7.5x1 ; -1x1)
    Sole Survivors - 7.3 (9x2 ; 4x1)
    Hunger Games - 7.6 (9.5x3 ; 5x1)
    Archangels of The New Wave - 8.4 (10x2 ; 5x1)
    Overall: 6.695

10. Me when none of these 10s for the New Wave y'all are giving out end up going to ACE:

11. I'll have it done in about 5 hours. Max.

Sanctuary and karmarisma like this.
  12. [D-DAY]

And the time has finally arrived...
    60 DEBUTS
    60 BOY GROUPS
    16 VOTERS
    AN AVERAGE SCORE OF 6.71

IN AN ENVIRONMENT AS COMPETITIVE AS BEING A BOY GROUP FAN, WHO WILL SURVIVE THE STRICTLY OBJECTIVE, DISCERNING AND SOMEWHAT QUESTIONABLE JUDGEMENT OF THE KPJ JURY?

But wait...before I throw you all in the war zone, we should take the opportunity to meet with the jury. (Thank you for the brilliant idea @ohnostalgia and @Alouder98 - I hope you don't mind me paying it homage - not plagiarism, Sunmi take notes).

Our Jury will actually be engagine in casual competition with each other, split into teams based upon their scoring patterns. It was tough to split up our friendly family-like noonas because there was often a difference of 0.0033 of a score between the eras, but this is all of your tastes summarised down to the 4th decimal place.

A. TEAM WANNA BOP WannaBe.jpg
    I guess they say great minds think alike, but when they talked about mind's', they surely didn't mean 11 of them??? But it seems post 2016 debuts were an absolute hit with 80% of our voters. Does this mean that 2017 groups will be dominating the rankings? I guess we'll have to see...(Hint: The member your dp is on, is how high your score for the Archangels of the New Wave songs stacked up, e.g. Person on Ong's face ranked 5th in the group)

B. TEAM SKS-Y
    SSK-U.jpg

And was there ever a more iconic trio? Perhaps the Wanna Bop members weren't alive in 2015-2016, but it seems that SKS-Y were seksily bopping to the hit songs of the nigh only a short 2-3 years ago. Perhaps, this trio could also be called the epitome of talent - in a time where 100s of boy groups continued to debut and trash hip hop and tropical doghouse was the trend, SKS-Y brought back the greatest musical masterpiece of all. KDM - KAZOO DANCE MUSIC.
    C. TEAM DONG BANG WIN Kii
    Golden Oldies.jpg

Once upon a time, Ceir was the most unproblematic member of Super Junior, better known as Ceirwook and Ryan was the most unproblematic member of JJ Project, better known as Rinyoung (if this doesn't give away their preferences...). They faced the Great Problematic Crisis in 2014, and left their groups only to re-form as the iconic duo DBWK with their hit single, 'Keep Your Nose Out'. Now with their impending military enlistment, we hope that DBWK will continue to thrive as a highly unproblematic duo.

RESULTS COMING SOON...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  13. I don't wanna hear no bullshit about how Rinyoung is problematic. I'm calling the cops.

Highkey mad I was placed on the winking guy instead of Minhyun or Harry Pote.

14. Also good luck with the results unnie!
    [​IMG]

15. Welp...*fixed* I can't believe I made Ryan RB, instead of Rinyoung. I should be ashamed of myself.

Should've voted a bit higher for the New Wave songs, good sis Nathan (and you already voted so high too). There there <3
    [​IMG]

16. Squashua, karmarisma, Monkey0 and 6 others like this.
  17. I already love this.

karmarisma likes this.
  18. Everyone, raise your hands if you feel personally victimized that @Monkey0 got to sit on Ong's face and you didn't.

[​IMG]

Squashua, karmarisma, Monkey0 and 5 others like this.
  19. @karmarisma: "I want you all to pick out the weakest member of your group"

me:
    [​IMG]

Squashua, karmarisma, Monkey0 and 5 others like this.
  20. Apparently @Serg. was inspired by the people in the Relationship thread. I see you sis..