The Disney Classics Rate (Song #10 | Top 10 Films!) | Page 152 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Disney Classics Rate (Song #10 | Top 10 Films!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Animalia, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Somebody just fly me to Hawaii already pretty please.

2. Any excuse, etc.

---

As far as Lilo & Stitch, I remember enjoying the show before I even knew anything about a movie existing. But since I don't remember anything from the show, it must not have been that amazing, sorry bout it.

Instead, I was watching 'Rocket Power' at the time, for my cartoon surfing fix.

[​IMG]

3. BRILLIANT! Love it!
    [​IMG]

4. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

Lilo & Stitch was in the just okay category for me.

Still a jam though!

JMRGBY88, Animalia, DJHazey and 2 others like this.
  5. Oh my god, puppies. Never forget.

6. I knew what this video was going to be, even with my work's network blocking it from view. Iconic.

7. WAIT I can't believe I've had this photo saved since October 2015 waiting for a reason to use it and then completely forgot to post it with the Lilo & Stitch write-up dddddd

LO AND BEHOLD

THAT TIME I PEELED AN ONION AND IT LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE PLEAKLEY

[​IMG]

8. Oh my God! I would suggest you edit the original post but that would mean waiting longer until I know how my 11 (song)/5 (film) have done, and I am on tenterhooks!

DJHazey and Animalia like this.
  9. I'm in the process of making the Top 10 Songs graphic now! Hopefully should be able to kick out #11 tonight.

10. I love this insight into your hiatus.

11. So, we're finally here. The Top 10 songs.

It's been a long time coming (dddddd my bad, sincerest apologies again) BUT, we're here.

So, which song just misses out on all the fame and glory?

Oh look, it's another disaster.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zero To Hero

Highest Score: 10 x12 (@constantino, @Remorque, @Robsolete, @ohnostalgia, @GhettoPrincess, @Sprockrooster, @ephemeralartery, @Daniel!, @Mikl C, @Sideout, @kalonite, @Animalia)
    Lowest Score: 0 x1 (@DJHazey), 4 x1 (@funkyg)
    My Score: 10

Are you happy, @DJHazey? After the Umbrella debacle in the Rihanna rate and all the other times you’ve bragged about single-handedly tanking a song only to find your efforts fruitless in the end, you’ve finally succeeded. As I’ve said before, the point differences towards the top are tiny – if Hazey had given Zero To Hero even a single point, it would have made the Top 10. If he’d given it a remotely respectable score, say, a five? It would have been Top 5. Let's not give him too much credit, though; lemme single out @AlmightyAloud too, who said they'd do this rate just to stan Hercules and then never voted. THIS IS YOUR FAULT TOO.

Sigh. So, what does it take for a song about the triumphs of a stereotypically #masc man to fare so well in a Popjustice rate? I’ll tell you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zero to Hero goes from Zero to One Hundred within the first second of pressing play and it doesn’t let up for a moment until its dying breath yes inDEED. This song packs more energy, more excitement, more goddamn talent into its two minutes and twenty seconds than Selena Gomez has into her entire career. The muses are serving you glamour, sophistication, comedy and vocals for centuries; they’re just… everything, and the two of you who apparently can’t see that… that’s sad, huh? Your loss. Let’s take a minute to celebrate the actual song itself too though ‘cause PHEW is this a treasure trove of lyricism or what!? You can barely breathe for a second without another ridiculous pun or frankly genius historical reference slapping you across the face.

Bless my soul
    Herc was on a roll
    Person of the week in every Greek opinion poll

What a pro
    Herc could stop a show
    Point him at a monster and you’re talkin’ SRO

From appearance fees and royalties
    Our Herc had cash to burn
    Now nouveau riche and famous
    He could tell you what’s a Grecian urn?

Folks line up
    Just to watch him flex
    And this perfect package packs a pretty of pretty pecs
    OW!

Who put the “glad” in gladiator?
    (Hercules!)
    Whose daring deeds make great theatre?
    (Hercules!)
    Is he bold?
    (No one’s braver!)
    Is he sweet?
    OUR FAVOURITE FLAVOUR!

Actually, now I’m writing all this down I’m starting to wonder if Herc and his pretty pecs were at all responsible for my gay awakening. Anyway, each and every amazing line in this song is delivered at breakneck speed with the energy of a thousand burning suns. It’s a fucking RIDE from start to finish and there’s not a single moment of it that’s not deeply enjoyable and I’ve got scissors ready to cut the thread of anyone who says otherwise.

Oh, it’s DJHazey. “I have no idea how, but it seems like this is going to be a fan favorite. I could listen to it 15 times in a row and not be able to recite one word to you. Plus these gospel-singing characters are just such a no for me. That 15-play thing would never happen because this second play is all you're ever getting from me.” Oh wow… honestly I don’t even want to drag you ‘cause you’re gonna get enough of that in the Big Pop Girls rate next month oop. Back to the Underworld with you and your comically terrible taste, cyst. Thankfully GhettoPrincess is around to bring some class back to the proceedings: “This is just amazing, it never fails to make me sing along in parts. The fasting moving animation is on point too. They are basically the best Disney girl group ever.” Hell, they’re the best of any girl group ever. Shittle Mix could never. I’m not proud of that, but it’s literally 2am and I’m determined to get this to y’all tonight so whatever. Imagine if the muses did actually release an album though? I’m salivating at the mere thought. Reboot’s on board to drop some coin: “I’d buy an album by these girls.”, and 2014’s already laminated his stan card: “The muses are so iconic.” Meanwhile, iheartpoptarts is more interested in the logistics of the spectacle: “They have so many costume changes. Either that, or their outfits just change colour a lot.” Multiple costume changes without ever leaving the stage or forcing a boring three-minute instrumental interlude on their audience? Gaga is quaking.

Mina says “The Greek chorus was better in Legally Blonde.” and honestly I’m a flop gay who has only seen Legally Blonde once when I was like fifteen so I won’t pretend to get the reference, but I’m pretty sure it’s physically impossible to better Zero to Hero so sure, Jan. A cult classic I do have a lot of time for though? C’mon constantino! “Sister Act is shaking. The energy and pure joy these ladies are serving me here and enough to get me through the...um...lows of the other soundtracks.” At least the dregs of this rate are a distant memory now sis. What’s a Peter Pan? Who’s a Cinderella? Pff. LKane’s more of a fan of the muses’ later work: “Nice song but as in the opening track.. I like ‘A Star Is Born’ more.”, but Raichu ain’t so picky: “I adore these gospel pop bops. This sounds a bit like Elton John could have written it.” You mean creator of an official Top 10 Popjustice Disney song Elton John? We love a talented songwriter, don’t we MollieSwift21? “When people were shadying Katy for rhyming zero and hero in Roar I could only think of how much of a jam this song is.” Oop. “Also loved how they show Herc as this world conquering popstar with all the promo items.” Pain was right teebs, those sandals do look pretty dashing. And Herculade? Quench my thirst for pop paraphernalia and actual liquids simultaneously, king! I’ve saved Sprockrooster’s commentary for last – it’s one of those rare, valuable occasions on which his opinion and my own match up 100% and hey, let’s celebrate that. Bring it home, sis.

“YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!”

Yes, indeed.

[​IMG]

12. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Part of Your World
    Under The Sea

Belle
    Be Our Guest
    Beauty and the Beast

A Whole New World
    Circle of Life
    Colours of the Wind
    Reflection
    I'll Make A Man Out of You

13. Thank you, @DJHazey, for getting my 11 into the top 10 (probably by an extremely tiny margin) xx.

Legally Blonde the Musical
    is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

14. There was a musical!? I'm so uncultured.

15. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

It was the right time for Zero to Hero but we should still have Go the Distance and Won't Say I'm in Love.

16. [​IMG]

send photo, Serg., GimmeWork and 5 others like this.
  17. I bet that could've gone top ten if they'd brought in the Spice Girls instead of whichever gospel singers. Life is hard.

Meanwhile, that's a lot of ballads.

18. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

Top 5 hopefully:
    Part of Your World
    Beauty and the Beast
    A Whole New World
    Circle of Life
    Colors of the Wind

Robsolete and Animalia like this.
  19. My ideal top 10:

10. Under the Sea
    9. Be Our Guest
    8. I'll Make A Man Out of You
    7. Circle of Life
    6. Part of Your World
    5. Belle
    4. Colors of the Wind
    3. Reflection
    2. A Whole New World
    1. Beauty and the Beast

Animalia likes this.
  20. Top 5 please.

Robsolete, Serg., Mina and 3 others like this.