The Disney Classics Rate (Song #10 | Top 10 Films!) | Page 153 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Disney Classics Rate (Song #10 | Top 10 Films!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Animalia, Apr 10, 2017.

1. 1. ‘Part of Your World’

Thanks

2. Same.

[​IMG]

3. Well there goes my winner...

[​IMG]

GimmeWork and Animalia like this.
  4. So just caught up with the results - well done @Animalia for such an in-depth rate. I remember this rate was a small idea of mine MANY moons ago but you've delved into each song so much better than I ever could. As a Disney stan, I've loved the snatches of history.

But...taste went out the window for much of this. Hunchback is all Top 10 but y'all are awful,

That said, the top ten is solid as fuck, bar the anomaly EVERY SINGLE PERSON seems to love - Mulan songs. Never cared for the film, thought the music was subpar. Keep it.

Colours of the Wind or Part of your World need to take this. We're mostly gays on Popjustice - I won't abide hetty shit like Whole New World winning.

5. [​IMG]

How DARE you catch up on this before I've rescued all the broken image links from Photobucket's money-grabbing hands dddddd but thank you! You're a star for letting me steal both your rate ideas xo

Behind the scenes bonus kii: Apols to any Mulan purists who might've noticed this, but I had to paint out her blush 'cause there were too many colours in the gif (there still is teebs, but lemme pretend the graininess is a deliberate paint effect ddd).

[​IMG]

6. I'm straight and I totally agree!

7. [​IMG]

I'm speechless. The difference with "Umbrella" is that I was openly trolling with that 0 and this time I just honestly hated what I was hearing that much. What an amazing Top 10 this is now, considering Zero to Hero would've been the one anomaly sticking out like a sore thumb.

Mina, GimmeWork and Animalia like this.
  8. It would've gotten at least one more point from me.

iheartpoptarts, Mina and GimmeWork like this.
  9. My ideal top 5! But they are all excellent songs obviously so there's really no bad way this turns out!
    (unless for some god forsaken reason Part Of Your World doesn't go top 5, then burn it to the ground!)

Animalia and HollyDunnSomething like this.
  10. The only two songs I don't want in the Top 5 are Under the Sea (8/10) and Be Our Guest (7/10). The rest are either 10s or 10s in spirit (Belle).

Animalia likes this.
  11. You know, for what it's worth, I think your 'Umbrella' zero was kind of legit. I mean, that song was annoying.

DJHazey likes this.
  12. 2014

2014 Moderator

[​IMG]

GimmeWork, Animalia and Mina like this.
  13. [​IMG]

14. I hope somebody zeroes the Pocahontas song.

Animalia likes this.
  15. Hellishly annoyed that I didn't take part in this wonderful rate, but for what it's worth, I would've given 'Part of Your World' my 11 because it is legitimately one of the greatest songs of all time - not just within Disney.

Wonderful to see 'Colours of the Wind' make the Top 10 too. Actually, aside from maybe one or two that I'd swap in/out, it's a excellent set that remains!

16. So, it's pretty much a disaster that there's no Hercules in the Top 10 songs.

But is the film about to be cast into the underworld too?

Or are we throwing Zootopia to the wolves?

Is it goodnight for Sleeping Beauty?

Game Over for Wreck-It Ralph?

Are we eliminating any of the other films I can't think of a decent pun for?

Well I'm halfway through the write-up but it's @kalonite & I's anniversary date night tonight so if you're lucky you might get a drunken regurgitation of the IMDb trivia page later tonight xo

[​IMG]

17. Happy anniversary! Tell him we miss him too.

kalonite, Animalia and Mina like this.
  18. Yassss! Happy anniversary! I just celebrated my 14 year anniversary last week.

Animalia and Mina like this.
  19. Thank you, and to you too @HollyDunnSomething ! No idea why he's put up with me for four years, but I'll take it!

Also, bump.