The Great British Bake Off | Page 319 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Great British Bake Off

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mikl C, Sep 18, 2012.

1. K94

K94

No one here

Ella Eyre can't catch a break

[​IMG]

Rhombus, constantino and Terminus like this.
  2. Oh no not Tim's meringue tower collapsing into a pile of sludge.

3. I think Jamie's looked fantastic but the praise was not really there as much as it was for the others.

andru and Terminus like this.
  4. Noel's shirt gives off Don't Hug Me I'm Scared vibes.

andru likes this.
  5. Two very funny weeks in a row, is next week the last week?

6. I actually found yesterday's episode to be not that funny compared to the previous two.
    There are five episodes in total, so two more to go.

7. [​IMG]
    Last week was the only episode of the Bake Off I couldn't bring myself to watch but apart from Ruth Davidson's inclusion this whole celebrity series has been pretty great. The Nick Hewer episode was a classic.

Sandi/Noel/Prue have become really comfortable and I'm excited for the next series.

LTG, constantino, aniraz and 4 others like this.
  8. That last episode was just brilliant, so funny, such a great line up, and damn at how good Melanie Sykes is looking (although I had to tell the husband who she was).

andru and Terminus like this.
  9. Yay. Means I can finally watch Series 7. The first time I ever watched it was the first episode of Series 8 and managed to catch up on all the others in a couple of months, but 7 was never on TV. Does this include the Sport Relief bake offs?

10. Ooh that's good news! I came into Bake Off late and haven't seen the earlier series.

11. Are there any contestants as iconic as Stacey though?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LTG, Island, JMRGBY88 and 2 others like this.
  12. I watched Series 1 and began Series 2 over the weekend. Hello Rob!

I'm not sure which series I started watching at, probably 3 or 4.

Hybridcookie likes this.
  13. If anyone has a spare second, you might like to share some divine wisdom with Queen Nadiya.

phily693, LTG, Rhombus and 4 others like this.
  14. So I just bought John Whaite’s Perfect Plates in 5 Ingredients and it got me wondering about other GBBO alum cookbooks. Is there any that you guys recommend? I nearly picked up Queen Nadiya’s latest offering but the lure of simple 5 ingredient recipes swayed me (Jamie Oliver published a book after John with the exact same concept and it’s become a staple in my kitchen)

15. Jo Wheatley's 'A Passion For Baking' is very good.

Jordlols likes this.
  16. [​IMG]

17. I thought the spitroast was lovely.

andru and diamondliam like this.
  18. James Morton's Brilliant Bread book is pretty great, the "Christmas Morning Croissants" that have coffee in the dough are incredible.

[​IMG]

constantino and Jordlols like this.
  19. [​IMG]
    Is amazing. His tone is ever so slightly annoying (to me) at times, but this is just what I needed. Also love Edd Kimber's first book.

constantino, JMRGBY88 and Jordlols like this.