The Handmaid's Tale | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Handmaid's Tale

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Meathook, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Just finished the season. I can't see how episode 10 is not the greatest and most important hour of television of the year. Absolutely incredible for all parts.

lushLuck and Cathal like this.
  2. Episode 9 (the bridge scene) and 10 were my favourites but I LOVED the whole thing to be honest.

DoggySwami likes this.
  3. Alexis Bledel accepting her Emmy is very cute. Damn, I didn't known Ann Dowd was nominated on two acting categories this year.

Osiris and Vitamin like this.
  4. I'm currently binge watching and just watched episode 3, the shooting/bombing montage with Heart of Glass playing in the background was just epic and that hanging scene...I wasn't ready. I'm officially hooked.

Vitamin and lushLuck like this.
  5. Oh my fucking God...
    I didn't realise it was so soon.

sfmartin likes this.
  6. I'm really excited to see the colonies.

7. My buss has only just recovered from the first season. What the fuck.

sfmartin, lushLuck and Rob like this.
  8. I’m really interested to see how they handled the pressure from all the praise and awards with this season.

9. Perched for the new season but this is a show that I'm like not really THAT excited to watch? I find myself keep putting it on the last on my list when there are new stuff around just because of how serious and depressing every episode is/was. Here's hoping season 2 would be more hopeful? I haven't read the books.

I have, however, seen and read Atwood's amazing Alias Grace. I can't be arsed to start a new thread for it so I thought I would attempt to discuss it here or see if anyone else have seen it. What an amazing adaptation and book. I would also rate it higher than The Handmaid's Tale in terms of adaptation.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Terminus and lushLuck like this.
  10. I'm in the same boat. It took me ages to get through Season 1 because it's such a tough, depressing watch. As much as I enjoyed it, I'm a bit stressed thinking about another season.

Meathook likes this.
  11. I actually sped through season one, but I thought it worked perfectly as a mini-series and was a bit worried about how season 2 would come together without source material.

I watched the season two premiere last night and it's every bit as breath-taking as the best moments of season one.

12. I binge watched episodes 1-7, only stopping because I had work in the morning. Then finished up 8, 9, and 10 before and after work. Wow. I’m paying the price for it now, mentally and emotionally. What a tragic and hopeful show. Serena reminds me a ton of Cersei in being relatively intelligent, cunning and wanting to do more than she’s given at first (given their marriages with their husbands in charge, being seen as less intelligent,etc.

I didn’t know Alexis was in this until I looked here after a couple episodes and saw her name. She’s lovely. And not only does she steal yachts, she steals cars as well.

DoggySwami and lushLuck like this.
  13. I finally got around to watching the two new episodes. I loved seeing Emily’s story. Seeing her and Janine finally meet up was bittersweet. I am deathly afraid for June.

14. I loved the two new episodes. It was made even more poignant when they played Kate Bush and Grouper (two of my absolute favorite artists) through two important scenes. So far this season seems a bit more dark and gritty but also more informative. I'm excited to see what happens next.

hologram and Alouder98 like this.
  15. Is this still as depressing and bleak as ever? I'm not in a good place mentally right now and the last thing I need is the doom and gloom of this world. I might just dive in, if it's at the very least hopeful in the first two episodes?

lushLuck likes this.
  16. I've only seen the first one and while it ends on a hopeful note, it is BRUTAL. Like, almost unwatchable at parts.

17. I watched the first season last summer and it was amazing, Elizabeth Moss is great actress.
    I'm going to watch the new episodes tonight. Can't wait.

18. I can't imagine how these new episodes could be more bleak &/or dark than Season 1. I may delay digging in; I'm not emotionally prepared for that right now.

Meathook likes this.
  19. Hmm... I think I'm going to wait until the whole season has aired before I watch.
    I want to binge and make myself miserable.

-tastic and lushLuck like this.